1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP/FD basic outlines

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by DerHesse, Aug 4, 2010.

1. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

it's just an idea for a realistic start for this pairing,
    with a few character-changes for Harry and the resulting events.

why the changes? (the most obvious reasons)
    imagine you're a young orphan, who was just told by a half-giant, that your parents were model students and killed by a "monster" which still might be lurking around, because "Dunno if he had enough human left in him to die". You're a legend for something you can't even remember and about to enter a "new" world. Ooooh and you're not stupid.

first of all, i would be scared shitless of the guy who killed my parents being out there plotting my death.
    then there's revenge for the possibility of a future confrontation.
    while in the back of my mind would be the wish to make my parents proud
    and meet the high expectations.
    (i almost forgot -- "his equal"--ring a bell?)

that are pretty good reasons to do your best in school, aren't they ?

now the harry in this story is personality wise just like canon/Harry,
    with the small difference that he has taken a liking to wand-work
    (transfiguration,charms ans DADA) and strives to be the best (remember -parents proud). the rest doesn't catch his fancy and bores him (he's 11).
    after his first encounter with voldemort this only increases.

-at the beginning of the tri-wizard he accepts ludo's help and activly seeks out moody's, because (attention please) he isn't stupid .

-during the tournament he distance himself from the other students
    (including Hermione), because he despises the stares and the mutterings and starts to tap into the dark arts, further strenghtening the belief of him being a dark lord in training and so equaly increasing his ire .

-after the gabrielle incident fleur and harry will get to know each other, just some talking nothing serious ...

-after the graveyard-scene (without diggory--he's a gary stue / harry killed quierrel and can already see thestrals.) ron tries to reconsider their friendship and harry agrees to a certain degree ("it will never be the same" bla bla).

-in fifth year the other students will treat him even worse than in canon, because
    1. they "know" he learns the dark arts. which he actually does (Tom and revenge/preparations you know...)
    2. he's a loner
    3. he spreads "lies" about you know who
    4. he gets rather violent when malfoy is around (catch my drift ;))
    and so on ...

-he won't create the DA, because he just doens't care and in his opinion the other don't deserve his knowledge.

-after his vision about sirius, he goes to umbridge's office (she will be there) stuns her, uses her floo to talk to kreatcher, crabs his firebolt of the wall, stuns umbridge for good measure and sends hedwig with a note to lupin while he flies to the ministry (ALONE) simple as that

-in the ministry he will kill a few DE like nott or goyle, nobody importent, in self-defence (he is fighting for his live...) the rest is canon with Ootp and sirius getting killed (a bit drama).

insert fleur :D

-it will start like book six, when they meet at the weasley's (nothing out of ordinary) but instead of just sitting in his bed while someone like ginny fucking weasley insults and calls her phlegm (or whatever the bitch thinks is funny) he defends her ("don't be stupid, she's alright").

(about this idea i'am actually quite proud of)

-one night after harry had a vision about voldemort again, he goes downstairs to get himself something to drink or whatever... there he meets fleur, who looks like she had been crying about something.
    they start to talk and she explains, that she's sad that they (weasley-bitches + hermione) all hate her or the males (weasley-bastards) reduce her to her beauty. and harry asks what she's still doing her, because in his opinion she could be more than a housewife or a redheadbreeder.
    after that, they have regular meetings while the other are asleep and
    their feelings for each other start to grow.

-back in school harry gets an owl from fleur, which stats, that she had left bill, rented a small flat in hogsmead and invites harry to visit her at night.

about harry's skills

i would like to see him start his animagus training in second year, because after seeing mcgonagall's demonstration, what 12 year old wouldn't dream about it, and he finishs it with the help of sirius in his summer befor fifth year.

a special skill is, that he can turn his complete body (at the beginning of the horcruxe-hunt,which he will do alone) via self-transfiguration into smoke. he can use it to float through the smallest cracks. when concentrating he can let spells fly right through him.(he won't try with the unforgiveables, because he doesn't want to take any chances.)
    -this will help with gringotts, the ministry and the malfoys, who he will attack while voldemort is hunting the other wand-guy(grego...)

------------------------------------------------

i wish i could change these ideas into a good story, but due to the lack of talent,english-skills and impatience i can't .
    so my hopes lie in the minds of some creative writers .

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's wrong with you?

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Saw HP/FD. Am disappoint.

4. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Get out.

Please.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I think he read one too many vampire fics.

6. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Nothing you've stated is the least bit original, hell most of it isn't even considered cliche anymore b/c it was done so long ago.

7. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I know you were hoping for Exceeds Expectations, but...

You're a Troll.

8. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I lol'd at the comments. Well played, good sirs.

9. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

You aren't alone.

OP: Seriously, where did you think you were posting?

10. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

In b4 HoS.

11. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This isn't HoS worthy. It's just a guy recycling cliche plot points in a post. Although I'm going to give him a pass on his formatting, due to the fact that I assume English isn't his primary language.

12. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Either use correct spelling (capitalize names!), or please gtfo. In before HoS, too. Good ideas, but your spelling and format ruins it. Please learn how to use proper grammar before posting. It's ridiculous.

13. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Uh ... no? The ideas are horrible. It's a jumbled mess of Canon "improvements". You know, the kind everyone gets after reading the books for the first time and starting the Indy!Harry-phase. That's why it won't be HoS'ed either, because it's most likely just that: OP just finished the books and posted his thoughts. Problem for him; everyone's been there already.

14. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

The biggest problem with a boatload of H/Fleur is that it's written during school. I'm sorry, but no uber-hawt 17 year old girl is going to realistically hook up with a fourteen year old boy or a nineteen year old hook up with a sixteen year old, unless there is some pedo fetish involved... you know, like any decent Tonks, Narcissa, Bella, et al fics out there.

So make sure Fleur has a number of warrents out for her arrest for pedophilia and in various countries, then you've got yourself a winner!

>.>
    <.<
    o_O

15. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fuck you, Heather Sinclair. I could have totally banged a uber hawt seventeen year old at fourteen.

And I would have too, if it wasn't for those meddling eighteen year olds.

16. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Anyways.

I always wondered why no one simply made Fleur younger, much the same way the trend for Harry/Gabby fics is to make Gabby older.

Pretty much everything surrounding the Triwizard Tournament is either a test or challenge, even outside of the actual events: the preparation, deciphering clues, figuring out how much the other champion knows in order to gain an advantage, etc. So, why not approach the supposedly restrictive age line as another challenge ? It's Dumbledore who drew the age line in the first place; given how he protected the Sorcerer's Stone, it's not that hard to believe that entering the tournament was nothing more than another challenge - or, at least, one could write it that way.

Enter Fleur. Perhaps she's only a year older than Harry, but that much more talented - so much so, that she gets past the Age Line. Or maybe Madame Maxime, discriminated against because of her half-creature status, finds a kindred spirit in Fleur, and helps her get into the tournament to put "half creatures in the limelight," despite her age.

Regarding her behavior, intelligent people typically look down on those they feel are less intelligent than they are, so that'd be an easy way to keep her haughtiness in tact.

---

From Harry's perspective, you could write him as irrationally sensitive to Fleur's dismissal, based on poor treatment from the better-looking children from his primary school days. It would set up a reverse James/Lily situation: Fleur, as the talented one used to getting attention, getting a perverse joy out of antagonizing the reluctantly popular Harry Potter. Harry, for his part, would put effort into the tournament solely to put Fleur in her place:

- Harry out-performing her in the first task the same way he did in canon: sheer luck
    - Getting a kick out of that, and thus out performing her again in the 2nd task - and rubbing it in by rescuing Ron and her sister. No kisses on the cheek this time.
    - A few scenes showing the foreign students in shared classes, with both Fleur and a now-studying/attentive Harry trying to out do the other. You could say that champions who perform well gain advantage points towards the last task, or something to that effect.
    - The final task culminating in a frustrated Fleur starting a duel with Harry when she encounters him in the maze. The standing duel turns into a running duel, each tripping up the other and eliminating an obstacle along the way.
    - Stereotypical sprint towards the Cup, Harry gets it first, it's a Portkey ---> scene plays out
    - Return scene:

From there, make up some shit about Fleur staying in the hospital wing every day and night while he recovered, and make up what you will from there.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  17. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I don't typically like HP/FD stories (with the exception of Wastelands of Time and one other I can't remember right now), but this one I would read.

18. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I think that to reflect this new Harry you should give him a new name. Something that sounds out of place in the area he lives in but everyone acts like it is totally normal. Like Rajabu which in swahili means born in the seventh month. Also With Harrys uber new skills he will probaly need a new school maybe somewhere in North America or Japan maybe. Just saying that will make this good idea great.

19. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

Well thanks for the comments ...

I know that the part about Harry is cliche, but how can you improve canon!Harry without using stuff that's already there. And to tell the truth, in my opinion Fleur would never fall for canon!Harry without some big changes on Harry's side.

My guess is, that an 11year old would be the most fascinated by wandwork and who doesn't lack motivation (Voldemort, dead parents and pressure of society), should be way above average in terms of skills.

Anyway, what about the part with Harry and Fleur getting closer during the summer before sixth year ?

Summary:
    Fleur is trapped in a household with lecherous bastards and jealous bitches and the only person she knows, who can resist her charms, is Harry.

Since I've never read anything along those lines, I know this isn't cliche. Besides 16 with 19 sounds better than 14 with 17 !

"The following year , Bill's fiancée Fleur Delacour moved into the Burrow — much to the annoyance of Molly, Hermione and Ginny."

"Another possibility is that he transfigured his body partially into a light substance, as he is described as trailing SMOKE."

www.harrypotter.wikia.com

Apparently the smoke part is CANON

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  20. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Wait. Exactly why is this happening?