1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP/FD basic outlines

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by DerHesse, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Portus

Portus Heir

Jesus Christ, Blaise. If you aren't writing this Right. Now. I might have to trek up to [insert your city of residence here] and kick your black ass. Srsly.

Oohh, with the change-to-smoke powers, how about Smokey the Queer?

2. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Make him an animagus, too! Then you could call him Smokey the Bear!

3. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Not necessarily. He may become... the Shadow Hog.

4. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That or the first ever shadow phoenix because his awesome powers allow him to.

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Wait, what? Why would you act like she's a persecuted being? I doubt EVERYBDOY in the house was acting like that towards her... Even if she did feel lonely, there's no indication that Bill saw her like that, so why would she be unfaithful to him?
    (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, with citation)

The only reference to this is in the wiki page for Tom Riddle, on the discussion on how he can fly.

You're comparing Harry, who even with motivation is an average wizard intellectually, to freaking Tom Riddle. Seriously. The guy was torturing kids with magic - deliberately - when he was God knows how young, while Harry just had accidental shit happening and sucked it up the rest of the time.

No. I don't care how much you have Harry study, he is NOT at Voldemort's level. Not in a hundred years, not without completely revamping him to make him not only driven, but SMART - and if so, say so.

And WTF is up with that 'abandons everybody in the Triwizard' shit? His friends stuck by him. Well, Ron didn't but he came back... Hermione did though. Why would he distance himself from them because of what other people are doing? And weren't stares and mutterings not too common in GoF? They were more an OotP thing, IIRC.

6. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Huh...if Harry was suddenly at Riddle's level, being able to turn into something 'like' smoke...wouldn't that make it a pretty cheesy God!Harry fic'?

7. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

My point exactly. Then again, that seems to be what this whole idea is gearing for... the whole 'studying Harry = teh AWESOME' shit, except without Hermione to give impetus, as is common.

8. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

You know, I wonder why people haven't just done a crackish fic' where Harry's more psychic than magical? Ya know, like a Starcraft Ghost/Spectre. I don't think a Protego shield could stop a psychic from boiling a wizard's brain like soup.

"Cruc-"
    *splorge*

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010