1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP/LORT/Gladiator crossover

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by The Sinner, Sep 7, 2006.

1. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    Just think about it for a second.

I have.

I have a whole universe of thoughts.

Mua.

Muaha.

Muahaha.

**continue muahaing...**

2. se7en

se7en Professor

Not really getting a connection here :(.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This is a waste of space... are you actually going to share any ideas or no?

4. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

Are you thinking about a challenge? HP, LOTR, Gladiator...I don't think it would make a good fic unless you share some of your views. I mean, you seem pretty excited with the whole muahaha-ing.

Try again and this time try not to make a fool out of yourself, if this is supposed to be a challenge, then I hope you know that it goes in the challenge section.

5. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    muahahaing, while fun, gets you a private reading of vogon poetry here. Now why don't you expand on your post and tell us about this Universe of thought that you have.

6. Bungler

Bungler Guest

I could see a HP/Gladiator crossover if the magical nobles in Rome take in magical kids from poor families or muggles and train them into magical Gladiators for their entertainment.

Harry gets sent back in time in some freakish way and gets picked up by some muggle slave trader(He lost his wand). Gets sold to some magical noble someway, somehow, and gets trained into a magical gladiator.

And after a few years he's able to escape, weird stuff happens and Harry is back home.

Edit: My idea won't be a crossover if you don't throw in a event/character from the Gladiator movie, so right now it's just a regular time travel idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2006
  7. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Now Bungler, that sounds good, I like the sound of it, give it a go writing it.

8. Bungler

Bungler Guest

Would just mess the idea up if I tried. I really suck at writing stuff :). The best I've done was some crappy story about a Kid James Bond for English homework.

9. The Sinner

Actually, I have been toying with this bunny for as long as I have my matrix crossover, which is coming along quite dandy by the way.

Anyways,

It would be a crossover to the extreme, like crossing several stories into the Potterverse. Right now, I have it crossed with elements (not characters or actual events people) of Gladiator, LOTR, Final Fantasy, Frank Herbert's Dune, and several others I can't recall.

For example, from Dune I will be drawing upon the idea of the Landsraad and the Great/Minor House relationship. This right here already is going to be a big role in the politics of my story and will weave in my element of Gladiator.

Now that I think about it, I am sort of borrowing from an event in Gladiator, the one were Maximus's family was murdered by the new Emperor. This element will follow along these lines, but I will make it so its original.

Lets see...

From Final Fantasy... well... I am pretty sure this is going to tick a few people off, but for this story and its universe it just makes sense in a way... if not entirely. The summons have always fascinated me, along with the idea of crystals and airship (with the persona of Cid somewhere, if not outright.)

Well, I would say more but class is about to start.

10. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Thats an aweful lot of crossovers.... way way to many.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Bungler, nice idea. I could see Xiph0 writing something like this. ;)

12. The Sinner

This was just some ideas that came along while I've been working on my matrix xover.