1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurricane Season 2017

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Lindsey, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Auror DLP Supporter

Yeah, here in WA if there's anything more than about 40mph winds, you're going to have some high velocity pine/fir branches going about. The trunks can withstand bombing, but the branches are pretty much nature's missiles.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

So what's the final word from our folk in Florida?

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather Seventh Year Prestige

High Score:
    Personally? I got lucky, the storm weakened a lot and there was sufficient tree coverage in my area that the winds did not get bad. There was not a lot of rain and I am comparatively high up, so I didn't even have to worry about water damage.

4. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Order Member DLP Supporter

My mother's pool enclosure was destroyed, so was the fence. Couple trees went down, but damage to the home was relatively minimal. Still no power. One friend had a large tree come down across his house, but it doesn't look like it broke through.

Naples/Fort Myers area.

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

Hurricane Maria is a cat 5 now - supposed to plow into Puerto Rico then the Dominican Republic. The current cones have it going off into the Atlantic though

6. Lindsey

Lindsey Order Member

Poor Caribbean, they can't catch a break :(