1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

If Harry was a... [potential Fantastic Beasts spoilers]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ninclow, Dec 2, 2016.

1. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Obscurials have nothing to do with horcruxes, why do you keep bringing up the horcrux?

2. syed

syed Supermod

It's the idea like draws to like, the horcrux are some truly dark magic, so it kinda makes sense if an obscrurial is created from it.

If they are a form of paracite, how would muggle Borns get infected? It could be they were something that was created for some forgotten purpose, and takes root in specific children. A form of Vengence on muggles that torment magical beings.

3. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Actually no it doesn't but whatever rocks your boat, it's fanfic.

4. kreider

kreider Squib

Since Fantastic Beasts was released, I've been really into this AU especially in regards to Harry. Just like Credence, Harry was abused; weird things happened around him, and then he was thrown into his cupboard, food was taken away, etc. Heck! The fact that he was always called a freak, and he was treated less than his cousin, would have been enough for Harry to push down what he viewed as his 'freakishness.'

And, what if this worked? Accidental Magic stops happening around him? Maybe the Dursleys start to like him, he's given a bedroom, life is good. So, Harry keeps pushing it down and down-- I wonder if there are ways to detect obscurials in the modern (of the book time periods) era. But, I doubt it because they didn't seem to see any signs of child abuse!

:fire