1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

If you were to write a Fem!Harry?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by adamsmitgh, Sep 30, 2017.

1. adamsmitgh

adamsmitgh Squib

High Score:
    How would you describe her personality and who would you ship her with?

Any thoughts about the prophecy and how that would play out?

I know that I never would ship a Fem!Harry with Ron as Ron is lazy and only cares about food, chess, quidditch and sleep.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Here we go again.

3. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

You gotta be here for a nice time. I kindly redirect you into the "which characters do you think have been most stereotyped by fanfiction" thread.

To anwser your question. I dont see much point to limit myself based on the gender only.
    The best Fem!Harry is Long journey home.

4. adamsmitgh

adamsmitgh Squib

High Score:
    Guys do you really think Ron is good enough for Fem!Harry? Let's be real here Ron is not exactly the ideal guy a girl would want.

5. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

I kindy redirect you into the "Is Ron an asshole" thread. In short, he was good enough for Hermine, he is not more lazy than many of his peers at that age, his obession with quidditch is a plus since it is a shared interest. I will not continue on this part of the topic (as we have a long and pointless thread), maybe someone wants to speak about your real question (the fem!harry) but dont bet on it.

6. adamsmitgh

adamsmitgh Squib

High Score:
    Look at how he treated Lavender and Hermione in HBP he is an insensitive asshole. Not exactly what a girl wants is he?

7. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Ron is the Samwise of Harry Potter, he's a normal guy who steps up and risks his life multiple times against horrible evil he really has no business challenging, not because destiny has chosen him to be a hero, but because he's not about to let his mate simply walk into Mordor alone.

Seems to me like 99% of him being bashed comes from either a. rabid shippers who can't get over Harry not getting to bang Em... I'm sorry, Hermione. Or b. people looking for a scapegoat to blame for JKR not writing an anime style powerwank. Either way it's just sad.

8. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

Its kinda weird. I dont get what you want with this thread. You ask us how we would write a fem!Harry and than procced to tell us you would never pair her with Ron. But that depends on how you write her no? If I write her as an absolut lazy girl who likes food, sleep and quidditch, they would fit perfectly in your opinion. The pairing should be deprived from the charactarization of your figures, not the other way around.

If I would I could write a fem!Harry who could be paired with Dumbledore, the question is, can I do it beliveable and would anyone want to read it? But giving the characters interest in each other is up to the author.

9. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    Ron and Hermione by any law of relathionships shouldn't work tho
    Ron is a pretty good human bean tho ; he has flaws like everyone so yeah i don't get this post
    So @xyzzy i think if you're gonna have to write an fem!harry than it shouldn't differ that much from canon unless you want to introduce the idea of sexism in the wizarding world which i don't know how you would go on about since magic is a great equalizer

10. adamsmitgh

adamsmitgh Squib

High Score:
    I don't think a witch raised by Dursley's would be able to deal with all the shit Harry did.

Don't know if it's weird I like the idea of Draco/Fem!Harry.

11. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Well, since girls are naturally much less passive than boys, she'd be angry, driven, and powerful. Some might call her prickly, almost poisonous. Her ships would be many and varied, because a hero with a single lover in their lifetime is just a waste of fame and influence.

Trelawney was an interpreter converting from Prophetic into English. If gender wasn't known, she'd default to 'he', so the meaning (if you feel there was one) is the same.

Really? Draco is a spineless, pencil-dick, homosexual, wife-beater. Your version of Harry as a girl finds that to be ideal?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2017
  12. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Pairing?

Luna? With Neville on the side, masturbating furiously.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  14. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    Draco is also hot (i think , i'm not gay) rich and ambitious , i don't know about the pencil dick and wife-beater thing
    I can see him being homosexual and he certainly is a bigoted asshole
    I mean i still don't see the ship happening but he isn't that bad

15. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Girls are naturally less passive than boys? In what world are you living in? You can't shake a stick without hitting a dozen studies about the nature of male and female socialization in Western society, and the consensus is pretty much universally that girls are less openly confrontational, care more about social cohesion, and are more likely to endure things like being interrupted or ignored than boys. The same is true of many Eastern and Near-Eastern civilizations, though I don't know enough to speak with any surety about Africa.

At least you're right about the shipping. The One True Love trope is beyond flawed, and does not represent realistic character progression with regards to relationships.
    The caricature of Ron is wrong when OP does it, and your caricature of Draco is just as bad. Not that I'd be thrilled to be reading a female!Harry/Draco story, but your flanderization of fanon Draco is terrible.

16. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Clearly my sarcasm font is failing. I should be more careful with mixing hyperbole (Draco fanon flanderization & girl power conceits) with rational commentary (Trelawney's gender-neutral recitation of prophecy).

The truth, then: Girl!Harry would be different than Canon!Harry, because a girl in Harry's situation is different, just as a different kind of boy than Harry (whether smarter, more charming, weaker, or less moral) would be different. In what ways they differ would be entirely up to the writer to decide and then present in literary form.

17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Great thread OP, hope you'll be here on DLP for years to come! We of course welcome a diversity of opinions, even if those opinions are as hilariously moronic like yours! Hall of Shame hasn't seen a new entry in a while.

I ship fem!Harry/Hermione because Emma Watson and lesbians are hhhhhottttt hnnnnnng

For realz tho, Draco? A gurrrl like fem!Harry deserves better than that little worm. Give her a man who can cook and isn't afraid to clean the toilet!

I'll stop now.

18. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can we not feed the obvious troll/mentally deficient child?

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Hey. I fixed your sarcasm tag. :)

20. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score: