1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

I'm new

Discussion in 'Introduction Archives [Closed]' started by Emote, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Emote

Emote Squib

My name’s Emote.
    I became aware of this forum a few years ago, while surfing through my favorite authors of FFnet. I have lurked around the site for about a year, but only joined recently to get access to the work by author subforum.

I have been reading fan fiction for some years now; I started a few days after finishing the 6th book. I, like most newbies, have shifted through pairings and genres a lot during the years. At the moment I’m particularly fond of Harry/Fleur, Harry/Tonks and Harry/no one.

During the first year or so I only read Harry Potter stories, but as of recently I have branched out to several other fandoms, by reading the stories recommended here. Which has led me to discovering several new tv shows and book series.
    As for writing my own stories, I have yet to complete a story, as I tend to delete huge chunks every time I go back to proofread.

Other activities that I enjoy are Sports, particularly tennis and football, videogames and TV series.
    Some books that I enjoy: Nightfall by Isaac Asimov and Silverberg, The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch and I’ve recently become somewhat obsessed with everything Sherlock Holmes.
    I tend to listen to all kinds of music, with favorite bands: Rise Against, Anberlin, There For Tomorrow.

I’m from Norway, but I’m currently elsewhere studying medicine.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. Gulliver

Gulliver Second Year

Welcome, even if
    You like terrible music
    inb4 haikus

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Fuck you Gulliver
    There is no in before here
    All haikus welcome.

4. wordhammer

wordhammer Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

Never mind the haiku intro teasing. Other fandoms have caught your interest- whose? Tell us more about your recent readings. What medical specialty will you choose?

5. Emote

Emote Squib

I watched the entirety of firefly just a few days after reading Browncoat, Green Eyes by Nonjon. There is also the Dresden files, although I got tired of the main characters after the first few books so I stopped reading, but I will probably give it another try when I get the time.
    Other fandoms that I should mention are Naruto and Bleach, even though I hardly read the manga anymore I still follow a few stories.

The recent fan fiction stories that I have read and actually enjoyed are: Scenes from the Hog’s Head Inn by wotcher wombat and case 129 by Silens cursor. Both are quite good, and refreshingly different from the usual fan fiction I read.
    All the books I’m reading at the moment are medical, and have been for a few months. The last books I read was The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle and The Gunslinger by Stephen King. But as soon as I get a vacation I’m looking forward to some new books to read.

I’m not sure yet, there are just too many interesting specialties. There are psych that are just so damn cool, even though I can’t see myself as a psychiatrist. At the moment I’m aiming toward intensive care, as that is more the kind of work I want to do.

6. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

I just have to ask, if you became aware of this forum a year ago how could you then have lurked it for two?

Other then that, welcome to DLP.

7. Emote

Emote Squib

Fixed, it was supposed to be the other way around :).

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  8. Inert

Inert Unspeakable

You seem to have a solid head on you for liking tennis, Naruto, and Harry/Fleur. All good things IMO.

Be sure to check out more than just the HP Work By Author. There's some good stuff in the miscellaneous as well ;)

Welcome to DLP.

9. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Shameless plug is shameless; though if you like Naruto, OP, you need to check out Inert's works. They're fucking boss.

10. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hei Emote! Hvordan har du det?

Du er fra Norge, så jeg liker deg! Vi kan ha mange samtaler i norsk. Jeg begynte å lære i Januar så jeg bare snakker litt norsk. Jeg underviser selv.

Velkommen!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  11. Nae

Nae The Violent

^ What he said.

12. Emote

Emote Squib

Thanks for the welcome, and the recommendations, I will check them out as soon I have some time.

Tusen takk, jeg har det strålende.
    Du har blitt veldig flink på så liten tid, spesielt ettersom du lærer på egenhånd.