1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

In Search of a Writing Partnership.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Wellington, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Wellington

Wellington Squib

I'm just putting out the word that I'm looking for a writing partner, versed in the ways of Harry/Fleur canon. I've been a major shipper for Harry and Fleur since the book was released, and I'm hoping DLP can be of assistance. I have several ideas for a potential fic, although I'd like someone with equal ideas to compare, contrast, and to bounce other ideas off each other. Essentially, I want someone may take an idea of mine and say. "Oh Wellington, that's a shitty idea...but here's a way you can make it less shitty."

If anyone that has been active in the Harry/Fleur community here on DLP is looking for a partner as well, let's double our efforts. Let's face it, with stories like Heartland being the only legit and steadily updated Harry/Fleur fics, it's true 'slim-pickins' for a good story these days. I've written some small Harry/Fleur fics in the past just to keep up with my writing skills, but this time I'm looking for some legitimacy, and by legitimacy, I mean keeping cliches to the bare minimum, and making the canon as believable, plausable as humanly possible, without sacrificing character personalities in the process.

If anyone who has been active, or has been following discussions in the Harry/Fleur Community thread and would like to be my writing partner, or would equally like a writing partner themselves for a story of their own, please let me know. Let's keep Harry/Fleur alive! Thank you.

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If all you are looking for is to bounce ideas around then you are as well just putting them in this thread, or starting one specifically for it. Or if you are looking more for actual criticism then put some of your writing up in the WBA forum.

3. Wellington

Wellington Squib

I'm choosing not to put them on this thread. I'd rather just find someone specific who is intersted in a H/F project and share them accordingly. Thanks anyway.

4. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I'm always interested to bounce ideas off if you'd like. We can use PM. If you're looking more for a BETA, since English is not my first language, my assistance would be completely useless.

5. Bikiluf

Bikiluf Seventh Year

I'm interested too. Do you need some brainstorming on the plot or have you some specific scenes in mind?
    Pm me anytime.

6. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

What are you looking to write? I'm fairly decent at expanding on ideas of others, but the H/F thing throws me off a bit. I like Harry/Fleur, but if you are looking to write a romance then I'm definitely not the person to ask for help. If the relationship is second to the story, I might be of some assistance. It is kind of hard to tell without knowing more. PM me if you wish.

7. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I don't get this. I mean, you say you want your idea polished, but you refuse to share the idea with anyone except one specific person who agrees to dedicate themselves to a partnership, and they must have previous experience in the Harry/Fleur community... even though it looks like you haven't.

So... either you're ridiculously paranoid about people stealing your ideas or you're looking for someone to do all the heavy lifting for you.