1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Internet Issues.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Myduraz, Dec 11, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Currently, started like 12 minutes ago, I'm having wierd internet issues. Some webpages works flawlessly, other replies slowly and some just doesn't work at all.

Skype works intermittently, some contacts are visible, some are invisible and I'm currently sitting in a call.

Some games works, some doesn't. Different webpages work on different computers (tested two - mine can run facebook, my sisters can't).

Support, naturally, is out for the night - can't bother them until tomorrow. Any clues?

Could actually access google from my iphone if I disconnected it from the wifi - seems like the most usual explanation is ISP and/or DNS related. Can't spot anything wierd in the router settings either.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

If possible, set the DNS in the computer and/or router to Google DNS -- 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

See what happens

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

1. Unplug your router. Wait 5 minutes. Plug it back in. This is what your ISP will tell you to do if you call them (and assuming they're not just having an outage).

2. Reboot your computer.

3. See if the problem is happening on multiple computers.

4. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Did all three as some of the first things. Neither worked.

Actually found a number to the night technicians I spoke with last time I had issues with the internet (in which case my system was unintentionally performing a smaller version of ddosing against my ISP) and managed to reach them. Apparantly it was the ISP's fault somehow - they didn't specify - and it came around again roughly 1.5 hrs after it started.

Thanks for the replies though, thread can be closed.

Not open for further replies.