1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Into the Game Again by The Eagle Girl - GoT/ASoIaF

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Majube, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Into the Game Again
    Author: The Eagle Girl
    Genre: Family
    Length: 9,817
    Fandom: Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire
    Pairings: Cersei/Eddard Catelyn/Robert
    Summary: In which Cersei realizes the game demands to be played.

So, this is a continuation of a previous oneshot where Cersei isn't a twin and falls in love with Ned at Harrenhal, and Catelyn ends up marrying Robert and is bitter about it. The series is pretty good, but you don't need to read the ones before to get the gist of it. Not all of them are from Cersei's perspective either. The whole series is worth checking out, imo though I felt like this was one of the better ones. This oneshot is about the King an Queen visiting Winterfell, and Tywin coming along to have Bran be his heir.

Cersei seems to be in character as much as she can be, as she didn't grow up with Jaime and never had that queen prophecy. I felt like she was still a bit too soft though she is canon Cersei in being vain and headstrong and motherly in a biting way but there were moments where she apologized when I didn't think she would. She also knows about Jon since she met Ned at Harrenhal. This fic is pretty much laying groundwork for the ones further in the series but it stands well on it's own, with Tywin and Cersei drama, and Catelyn and Cersei disliking eachother.

Overall, it's written well and pretty much all of the canon cast are in character. I think it's quite good and I liked the interesting confrontations and atmosphere.

I'd give it a 3.5/5

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Any of our ASOIF fanbois got something to say about this. I have no idea about GoT or ASOIF and I don't find the universe interesting at all, so if I was to read it and review it I don't think I'd be giving it fair justice.

@Saezots remember to use the stars to thread rate. I know you did it in the post, but outside looking in I can't tell.

3. Dagro

Dagro DA Member