1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Iphone Messaging Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Peter North, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

To save money my mother and I share an Apple account. Unfortunately when she texts her friends the texts appear on my phone and when she receives a text on her phone I get interrupted as well. The other night her friends were IM'ing each other and forgot to take her off the sending list so I spent a good hour getting different messages that had nothing to do with me or my Mom.

I usually set the texts to do not disturb but if she starts a new message the process starts all over. Does anyone know of a way to stop this without getting a brand new account?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. Sacro

Sacro Groundskeeper

Do you yourself text/call her friends sometimes? If not, try simply blocking them, since I belive the block list is local to the phone and not the account (though I'm not 100% sure).

3. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I don't talk to them and I haven't tried the blocking feature because I was worried I'd block them from my mother's phone as well. If that isn't an issue with blocking then I'll go right ahead and do that.

4. Sacro

Sacro Groundskeeper

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure. Though this support article says "on your device", and not "on your account" or something. I'd say just test it, and if the numbers do appear on your mothers phone as well, simply remove them again.