1. The DLP Story Competition is back!!!!11one! Get the details in the announcement and break out your favorite editor, because it's time to enter the December 2017 competition.

Don't let us down, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

Islam is the Way Forward

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Prove me right. :colbert:

This was a thread created on April 1st during the 'Nameless DLP' period for the sake of trolling.

However, if you feel you have something to say on the subject then you may, any trolling or personal attacks will be dealt with appropriately post April 1st, so don't be afraid to voice your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Anarchy

Anarchy Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

allah is doing

3. Jon

trump is not doing

allah is doing

4. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Unspeakable

Die for allah, you get 72 virgins! Only, you don't know if it's male or female..

On other news, Pakistani terrorists are scared to death by the Israeli women corp with their bullets drenched in pigs blood!

5. Meerkats

Meerkats High Inquisitor

Religion of peace bois.

6. Tsar

Tsar Third Year

Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah! Masha Allah!

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Well this worked Jon. Now we can hand out the yellow crescents.

8. Majube

Majube Seventh Year

High Score:
    Yellow crescents? Can I have one?

9. Wildfeather

Wildfeather Seventh Year Prestige

High Score:
    Jokes on you, I saw a guy on TV talking about we're not sure if that word translates to "virgins" or "raisins".

For serious though, I don't think there's any realistic doubt that they are female virgins. IIRC verbs that describe a gendered noun share the gender of the noun they are describing in arabic.

10. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Order Member

In the immortal words of Billy Connolly.

11. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

If they are indeed raisins, they're the weirdest raisins I've ever seen; chaste raisins with large eyes and big breasts...

On the other hand, they are also not virgins, because the whole spiel is obviously bullshit ...

12. Jon

You have all convinced me.

Religion is bullshit.

We are all Stardust.

13. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango DA Member

tfw I have a thousand thoughts and no way to begin saying any without vomiting incoherent words onto the screen for 30 minutes followed by deleting it all.

Before beginning, clear bias: am Muslim. Also, yes, I am very stupid, there are logical and factual mistakes and it's all anecdotal.

TL;Can't be Coherent

I believe Islam suffers from a lack of regulation and misguided fundamentalism.

These have two separate effects that combine insidiously.

The majority (anecdotal) of sheikhs, imams, leaders of Mosques have been trained and designated by state institutions, either your own countries or another's. They're alright. The problem comes from young adults looking up random stuff on the internet about what they should believe in or what they should be doing as a Muslim.

These young Muslims are not trained in how to identify what knowledge is appropriate for them, e.g A Shia boy looking up how to get Wudu (Abdest, Ablution, w/e) and ending up on a Sunni Hanefi site saying it is unacceptable to wash over your shoes.

Did that come across as incoherent and weird to read? Imagine having to search up all knowledge of your faith because you feel religious one month and want to improve yourself and you find all sorts of conflicting, badly written shit.

These youths are not trained in identifying what is appropriate for them, these sites do not identify who they are for and the amount of outright wrong information is astounding.

These youths then pass on this information to others.

Misguided fundamentalism:

There is a concept throughout the Muslim community that is misunderstood and acted on without understanding. The idea to live as the Muhammed (pbuh) did. The way it should be practised is by living by the concepts and ideals of Muhammed (pbuh) and Islam. Not by imitating their very actions.

Some common examples are to walk into a bathroom with your left foot, to eat with your right hand, to wash your ass with your left hand.

The first of those? No idea why it's even a thing. But it's not harmful so it's alright to do. Eating with your right and cleaning yourself with your left? Not harmful to do, and was known to be beneficial when Germ Theory was understood.

But what do people do? Oh, Muhammed (pbuh) didn't watch T.V. so we shouldn't. Oh, he didn't have a king back then, he didn't have democracy, he didn't wear pants, he ate with his fingers. Oh, he fought non-Muslims all the time. Oh, the Qur'an says to kill them all. Sure it does say that, in retaliation, in defence, in the most contextual of circumstances.

I swear by God that if there wasn't an extremely authoritative Hadith that future Muslims would be eating with forks, then we Muslims would still be eating with our hands (which some still do).

So after all of this when some Muslims want to be religious, or have an urging or guilt to be religious, then they think, they believe it means being fundamental.

Their combination:

Muslims who are religious (either through guilt or want) look for ways in which to improve themselves. Sometimes through lack of regulation of information sources (internet or fellow believers) they come across radicalising information. Without proper training and knowledge they believe this because of their misguided belief in fundamentalism.

Now.

Onto how Islam is the Way Forward, I will begin my evangelizing by quoting the entirety of the 600 page Qur'an.

Jokes.

Some of what follows is good and clear thinking, some is a dream.

There is a clear method in how states should reduce radicalisation of their youth. Buildup their trust and contact with Muslims communities, show they are being accepted into the national body, give the youth social justice opportunities to help the community headed by Muslim youth leaders. Give them methods to express their religiosity so they don't feel that fundamentalism is the only way.

Further I believe that western nations should develop Islamic institutions to manage their Islamic populations. There needs to be an established manner in which Muslims can learn of their faith from their youth and up. Currently, Muslims travel to Turkey or Indonesia or Saudi Arabia or Iran or w.e to learn of their faith. Just learn. All the way from America, Canada, Brazil, Australia, France, Germany, they travel overseas just to learn.

Most (all?) Islamic countries have established clergy, they use this to influence their Islamic population. I believe that a western state-regulated Islamic institution providing a formal manner to either learn of Islam or to become clergy will increase the trust in the government and national body of many Muslims. It will further provide the state with influence and control over it's Islamic population through dependence.

I believe this is the answer to Islamic radicalisation.

P.S. I am ready to be crucified by DLP.

14. Jon

I don't see why you should expect to be crucified, you articulated your reasoning and argument well. :)

15. Wildfeather

Wildfeather Seventh Year Prestige

High Score:
    Because this is 'Murica dammit. You can just go off articulating rational points that make my feefees uncomfortable!

16. cooladoola

cooladoola Second Year

High Score:
    Did you just dedicate an entire thread to religious bashing?

And why should West be allowed to control and configure another ideology; the same west that has propagated the onset of this mess?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  17. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Unspeakable

It's just, I can't ever see Islam culture being institutionalized in the western culture without ideologies clashing. They're just not compatible with modern culture.

We already have plenty of evidence that shows us how Muslim community works especially in Germany, in Britain Europe. They just won't integrate and furthermore, they actually try to impose their own laws and culture upon us and then react violently if we don't.

Also, if you look at the real Muslim nations (aka. Saudi), I don't see that ever working here in America.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  18. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The US is actually very good at integrating people, that's kind of the point. It isn't that muslims are bad at integrating into European society, it's that European society is terrible at integrating outsiders. Cf. France, Belgium, etc.

If you don't think muslims are capable of full integration into American society, you either haven't met many muslims, or you aren't American. Everyone when they're new congregate into their communities, and every single community produces integrated citizens after one or two generations. Think Chinatown, Little Italy, Koreatown, etc. Irish communities. Pennsylvania Dutch. Germans in the Great Lakes region. Latino communities in Texas. Cubans in South Florida. Orthodox Jews in New York. Indian and Pakistani immigrants all over the place.

The only impediment to integration is a country unwilling to welcome new people.

19. cooladoola

cooladoola Second Year

High Score:
    Possibly, the only logical post in this thread. It's concise, but it gets the point across.

20. Agayek

Agayek The Chosen One

Eh. There's certainly an argument to be made about immigrants being unwilling to assimilate being a rather large obstacle to that as well. Fortunately, at least in the US, that's not terribly common.

From what I've read, that's far more of a European issue, which only exacerbates the existing structural issues they have with assimilation.