1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JesusWeen

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Portus, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Portus

Portus Heir

So I stopped by the someecards.com site, and halfway down the page I see this picture:
    [​IMG]

with this caption:
    Of course, I couldn't have resisted that link if my life depended on it. I would almost have said it was a troll, a la Landover Baptist, but the site has been around since August 2010, and from what I can see of the site (I don't have the right plugins and won't install them), they're sincere. I wish I could get to the Posters section, so if any of you manage it, please post them for the rest of us. Or just for me. It's whatever.

This reminds me of that dumbass a few years back who wanted people to start saying "Heaveno" instead of Hello, because he believed Hello to be derived from Hell, and that's a no-no word, goddammit.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Bu-but, Halloween is all ready "All Hallows Eve", so it's the day before a theoretically holy day anyway... well, sort of.

Although, yes, when I saw the thread title, and thought of a childish appellation for their genitals. For what little it's worth, I currently live in Utah, and I have not once heard of "JesusWeen". Of course, Salt Lake City and the surrounding area is relatively the most liberal portion of the state.

3. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Isn't Christmas just as pagan as Halloween? And what about Easter? The Bunny thing HAS to be pagan, I just know it.

4. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

The answer to your questions are respectively "maybe" and "possibly".

EDIT: checked out the JesusWeen site... I really wish the stupidity of my fellow man still surprised me, but all I could muster for this was some half-hearted irritation at their "hand bibles out to the impressionable children instead of candy" bit.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011