1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Jiraiya as Protagonist

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by South of Hell, Jul 5, 2013.

1. South of Hell

South of Hell Third Year

Anyone know of any fics where Jiraiya is the main character where he is the awesome, yet lecherous bastard canon portrays him as?

2. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

There's a ten truths or ten lies or ten things whatever style format story about Jiraiya that paints a picture of him in a decent way sort of one-shot but I can't find it. It paints him much more as awesome but tones down the lecherous iirc.

I'm ass at searching for fics though and rely solely on DLP for it so after five minutes of failing to find it I give up.

I'm interested in this topic as well however

3. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

4. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, kind of off topic, but something from that second one made me think of something.

Is it just me, or does Jiraiya look a tad bit like Tobirama, if you lightened up the 2nd's hair? Plus, the red facial markings. Also, Jiraiya's name apparently means "Young Thunder," and Tobirama seems to have a thing for techniques/items w/ thunder in the name.

Loose connection at best and probably amounts to nothing, but I thought it was kind of cool. Adds a bit creepiness to his crush on Tsunade though...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  5. mortalone

mortalone Sixth Year

You could also say Minato looks like Jiraiya and Tobirama. And Naruto looks so much like Minato it was expected from the beginning that Minato was his father, but supposedly Naruto looks more like his mother.

I'm pretty sure the Raijin sword was anime only, so only Tobirama's spacetime ninjutsu carries the thunder theme.

Even if he is Tobirama's progeny, presumably he's a grandson, in which case the common ancestor between Jiraiya and Tsunade is a great grandparent. That's legal in all fifty states.

On topic, one of the problems with stories that feature past generations is that they are always either a time travel story involving Naruto fixing the past, or they seek to serve as a prequel to the manga. I'd love to see a story about either Minato or Jiraiya that just takes the character and runs with it.

"This is an AU/AR story placing Jiraiya in the role of the hero. This is not a prequel. Do not expect Jiraiya's story to be anime/manga compliant."