1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Just Wow! by Penny Arcade

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Ched, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

This cracked me up by the time I got to the end.

Prelude:

2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That was a pretty funny read.

Guy is a massive fucking douchebag though, is there anything easy that I can do to help ruin his day?

3. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

I've never liked Penny Arcade, just for the fact that Gabe has always come across as a massive d-bag.

4. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think you've misunderstood.

5. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Huh, I think it's more sad then anything else. I tried sending an email to them suggesting they correct their customer service errors and go the following in reply.

Apparently I underestimated how many people would actually act on this and let them know its inappropriate.

6. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Lol. That Dave guy wasn't exaggerating a lot about what he said about the gaming community bro. Mike from Penny Arcade is a pretty good example of how gamers gonna react to this.:p

This is the latest update I believe.

Edit :
    I think he might've been referring to Mike's previous similar engagements with other people like Thompson.
    \(o.o)/

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

Maybe?

No, I get that the Ocean Mark. guy acted like an ass, ignored the customers questions and criticism and was basically a condescending dick to both the customer and Gabe. He's in the wrong and deserves any backlash that he gets from all this.

I've just never been a fan of the pissing contests Penny Arcade (and mostly Gabe) get into with whoever it is that is stupid enough to get into one with them.

Of the three people involved the only one who doesn't come across as a massive prick is the customer, and I hope he gets what he paid for, however long it is that takes (probably sometime in 2013 at the rate we've seen so far).

8. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Saw this posted on Slashdot and lolled.

But yeah, his emails are totally unprofessional. Even when he is apologizing, he comes across as a kid trying to beg for forgiveness. How the fuck can someone like that not know what correct professional demeanor is?

Son and wife? Really? Subtle.

Still its kind of awesome something actually happened and they lost their business as opposed to just a bunch of people bitching online.

9. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Lol I was surprised by this. At first I thought it was the typical tale of the asshole customer getting his ass handed to him by the smart asses on the internet. Imagine my surprise when halfway through,and the customer is still calm and the Customer Service guy was getting more dickish lol. Then I realised, Ocean Marketing guy was the killer bad guy :O_O:

Yeah but it was amazing how much of a dick this guy was, I literally thought that someone had hacked his account and was trolling. By the time I got to what has to be the funniest name drop compilation online I was dying.

Uh, how long have you been on the internet. People have nothing but time xD.

I love how his grammar and spelling went up a couple of notches after the swagger was smacked off him. But yeah fuck him, if it had been another customer he would never have apologized ,he deserves what he gets.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Internet justice for the fucking win.

Seriously, this is the kind of shit that just makes me sit back and smile. I know the type of asshole this guy is, and he is getting everything he deserves and more.

11. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

12. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

This was awesome. I've been seeing it in reddit since yesterday and now its full of Ocean Marketing memes.

13. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Which is kind of dumb. Much as I can appreciate the value of returning some asshole his change with a little extra, this goes to a ridiculous level. This company might suffer very serious repercussions from one guy's stupid action. Even Dave said that it wasn't worth making it into an issue. I don't know, I just think that the level of abuse leveled at Ocean Marketing, and the torrents of shitty copy/paste websites like Reddit making that even worse, are not only overkill, but unnecessary. They're misplaced and immature really.

Though the guy was a dick, his company and his livelihood don't really deserve this.

14. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Being a marketing firm, Yes they do. They deserve exactly this. Face it, Convincing and selling stuff to clients sums up everything they do. They aren't an Innovation/research company. They aren't a mass producer either. They're the people who deal with clients. The controller was produced by Kotkin, which incidentally everyone is feeling pity for right now and probably will make a lot more sales with whoever they replace Ocean marketing with.

This also isn't the first time the President, I repeat the President of the company has done this. So, basically, the company fails at their service description. What exactly were you expecting would happen?

15. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I don't see Gabe as being even slightly wrong in this and, personally, think that Ocean Marketing got exactly what's coming to them.

16. Portus

Portus Heir

I thought it was hilariously ironic that this Ocean Marketing fucker used the "it's a small industry" shit, when that exact thing was blowing up in his face.

17. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

18. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

At this point I'd really love to see the guy's reaction to all of this (again).

---------- Post automerged at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Oh, here we go.

19. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

He still comes across like a prick, in an article where he's trying to be apologetic. I hope he goes to PAX, just for the chance of having him thrown out the building 5 minutes later.

20. Covil

Covil Fourth Year

QFT. This is not that way to apologize for being a massive douche to your customer and the guy in charge of one your largest advertisement opportunities.