1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Kingdom Hearts 1/2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by zUzaque, Apr 20, 2006.

1. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

These games have become my favorite games. I give the first 9.5/10 and the second 9/10. What do you guys think?

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

KH I...I loved. It was a great game, even though it had the Disney characters in it. I personally hated Donald, but meh. I still loved it and thought it was one of the best games I've ever played.

KH II...I just started playing it. I'm a bit annoyed with it...because it starts off after Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, for the Nintendo DS. I don't have the DS, nor have any inclination to buy that piece of crap, so of course I haven't played it. The entire beginning of KHII just pissed me off, I had no clue who I was or why I wasn't Sora. It gets better later on...but I'll have to reserve judgement till I beat the game.

(Sya and Sera...fuck off ya whores! :p I dun care that Mickey is in the game...as long as the game's good...)

3. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

I hate the beginging, Roxas is so damn long! But right now I'm pretty far in the game already and it gets much better. I prefer KH1 for the adventure and story but the fighting and game play is better in KH2.

4. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

I hated the beggining too. I havn't played chain of memories I started it, but it was crap. You used cards. I thunk it's for advanced.

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I refuse to play a game with bloody Walt Disney characters in it. That was my take on the first Kingdom Hearts, and it hasn't changed. Once you count in that the series shamelessly panders to Square fanboys with the Final Fantasy rehashes (OMFG CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH!1!!!1111), you have a recipe for something I find most disdainful.

6. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

I had KH1 since it came out, but since I live in the UK it's gonna take awhile to be converted to PAL (October my ass!). KH was great although I was kinda skeptical about the Disney/Square-Enix mix-up but it worked well.

The second one though...I heard it's really easy and some parts are just overly flashy(drives). But it's still looks very good.

You don't need the DS for Chain of Memories, a regular Gba will do. It just makes more sense if you want see the entire Organization XIII.

Edit:

That's what I thought too, and I was fully ready to return the game and get my money back the next day if it turned Shitty. BUt I was suprising mistaken. It's a good game.

7. ixazncha0six

Same with me, Square Games in general are generallyboring in the begginging. If you could ignore the childishness and the crappy romance between little kids, then it is a good game.

I actually dislike the way they handled the Final Fantasy characters since they did alot of them badly. I hated the voice actress for aerith, they made "Leon" and Cloud pussies, the rest of the characters were ok.

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Square games boring? Heh, you have to be the first person I've ever seen that's said that.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yes, the Walt Disney characters put me right off these games. I mean really... Mickey Mouse saving the world? Jesus...

10. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

I happen to LOVE kingdom hearts. Although they could've did more with the FF characters, I still enjoyed it. I haven't played part 2 yet. (I'm getting it for my B-Day in May) From what I've heard it's pretty fun. I was skeptical about the Disney characters but now it's one of my favorite games. (next to Soul Caliber and FFVII) :)

11. ixazncha0six

I said they were a little boring in the Begining, but I love Square Games. I prefer Suikoden series but it is a great game. I prefere the first KH over the second merely because there is more to do "Trinity Marks, 101 dalmations" but the second one has much better fighting (reaction moves, advance synthhesis and better gummy ship battles)

12. Ginny Killer 2.0

Ginny Killer 2.0 Third Year

right behind you breathing down your neck
    i am a huge fan of the Kingdom hearts series, i bought kh1 the first day it came out. I mostly thought it would be kind of amusing to play with disney charactors you know. i orginaly bought it for the comedic value then got addicted to it. oh and before you buy this play chain of memorys otherwise things get a bit confusing in the beggining i made that mistake and i am playing chain of memories now. oh and for those who are saying that kh1 was longer try getting 100% on both games and come back and tell me that. kh1 i could get everything in less then 30 hours on kh2 i am not done yet and i have almost 50. sure you CAN rush through the game and beat in in like 15-20 hours but you will miss a whole lot of stuff. there is so many more minigames in 2 then there was in 1. in some aspects i liked the 1st one better. the tournoments were harder and it took longer to get final wepons. but the gameplay and battle system were better in 2.

13. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Got to agree with Dark and Sera, it seemed like a cheap ass attempt to move units by tossing in FF characters and DISNEY characters.. what the fuck sort of acid trip was that developer meeting on?!

14. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

Already beat the game a week ago, the final battle was to easy a brain dead monkey could beat it. The ending is extremeley sappy all about how the power of love and the heart prevails over all. ( I am seeing a pattern in here) Anyway drive forms pretty cool, Anti-sora is my favorite.

15. ixazncha0six

I HATE Anti-Sora... I hate whenever I try to lvl up my forms I turn into Anti-Sora and I just used up a high drive recovery.

16. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Timeless river is the PERFECT place to level up forms. Go through all the rooms and by then you have full dirve, if you need it waste your magic. No magic, faster Drive. Then go to the places outside and you raise pretty fast.

I have some problems with KH2, but my main one is, the summons are so FREAKING gay...I mean fucking Chicken Little. What the Fuck?!

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Mid, Sya, and Sera. How do you think the game is so popular, even among the older gamers, if it was just a cheap money scam? The game is actually very good, heedless of Mickey fucking Mouse. Rent the first one or something, you'll see it's not that bad.

18. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

I NEVER used the summons in the first KH. They all sucked! I say the only one that was actually useful was Tinkerbell. The rest of them got in the way and did minimal damage. I see that still hasn't changed.

19. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

20. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Heh, sorry Sree, I guess I screwed it up.