1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Kings starring Ian McShane [NBC: Sunday]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

I thought he was cross-dressing what with the ladies shoe and all.

2. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I'm pretty sure he stole it since the Queen was missing one shoe, and it mysteriously appears in his room.

3. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Awesome episode, never thought I would get so into a show, but I felt for Silas. There better be an awesome series finale.

4. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

So much potential... I can't imagine them ending the season with anything else than a cliff hanger and that pisses me off since its going to be the only one.

Heres hoping another network picks it up.
    Hopefully CBS...

5. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

Wow poor Silas. I just can't get over how bad I feel for a freaking television character.

6. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

What a bit of irony. David wanted to tell Silas while Michelle didn't, and then she goes and blabs not even giving David the courtesy of, "Hey, I'm about to fuck your relationship with the king over."

This series just keeps getting better and better. I really hope it gets picked up by someone else.

7. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I suppose this is good... Remember when Heroes was still good.

Then NBC screwed the pooch and it turned into crap.
    I don't think I can take it if kings turned into season 2 of heroes.

8. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The entire first season is being released on DVD on september 8th, 2009. I for one plan to actually buy it.

9. neren

neren Slug Club Member

Anyone catch the latest episode? I just watched it on Hulu and I've got to say, best episode so far and Ian McShane was amazing.

10. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I caught it... it was amazing. Is the next episode the last one...?

Since they don't plan to have a second season I hope they tie up some loose ends. I hate ending a series on a cliffhanger.

I too plan to buy the season 1 when it comes out. And I never do that. I don't have high hopes for it being picked up by another network. Maybee by some gay religious network like pax but then I would never watch it. it won't get the budget it demands and they would pussify it.

11. neren

neren Slug Club Member

I think there are two episodes left. I might put in some money to get the DVD depending on how the last two episodes go. If USA could pick it up I could see it succeeding.

12. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Judging by the episode summaries on wikipedia, I'm guessing we'll have a cliffhanger ending. That excities and disappoints me.

However, the episodes look to be very interesting. Can't freakin' wait.

13. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

That... that was brilliant. I don't have the words to describe how much I enjoyed the latest episode. Just one to go and it looks to be the best.

Love the little interconnected parts in the episode, and the series as a whole. One of the ones this episode being when the two guards who man the gate start questioning the importance of it only to have David need them to get through the gates.

I didn't pick Silas getting shot, but I'll be damned if it didn't work

14. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

SPoilers!!!

I wasn't sure if silas getting shot was good or not. If I didn't know that the last few episodes were all that were left of the show I think I would have been blown away with its boldness. But now that I know it feels like their trying to hard to wrap it up.

I know I argued that I hoped it didn't end on a cliffy but still I like this show too much for it to be sullied even slightly.

Though that last scene with david telling off silas had me gasm. That was so satisfying.

15. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Dang, I just watched the whole series. Awesome. So awesome.

Are the ratings up any? It would be awful if this got canceled...

16. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

Epic.

I was a little disappointed when they chose the assassination route at the beginning, but they made it work very well. After getting over the shock factor of it, it really does make sense as a tactic. Not only does their coup succeed with a minimum of effort, but the assassination gets blamed on Gath and the war can start all over again, it was brilliant. They just didn't prepare for Silas surviving and escaping.

I hate the stupid people of this planet for getting this show canceled. If there isn't an explosion or a sex scene every five minutes it's just not worth watching to those fuckers.

This show is what a contemporary Shakespeare would have written, complete with the comic relief that are the two gate guards. Dare I say that it seems divinely inspired? The only thing that could come close to the mental satisfaction of watching Kings is kicking Rush Limbaugh in the balls.

I mean come on! This show even has a handsome gay prince who has to oh-so-tragically hide his love for cock to keep his throne. Where the hell are the fucking gajillion yaoi fangirls when you freakin' need them?

17. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Best line of from Silas:

"Your mouth has been on worse places"

Awesome show, I really wish they would bring it back, I was even starting to like Macaulay Culkin

18. neren

neren Slug Club Member

Damn I can't believe that's all we get. I have to say that this episode was still pretty amazing.

With Silas being a badass and just strolling back into his kingdom. David showing up with Gath tanks and Silas' comment about fighting tanks was epic. The show has come full circle.

I also didn't think Silas was going to have a fist fight with David. He seemed pretty accepting up until he started drinking. I wish that David and Silas had found out about Rev. Samuel's death after their fight.

19. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

And then it was over :(

20. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    <3 it will be missed