1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Kolskit's Challenge #2: Witches: Harry's Bane

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Snarf, May 31, 2008.

1. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This little idea came to me while reading this comment in Dark-Stallion's fic discussion thread.

It pretty much goes like this: Harry, on the morning of his birthday when Hagrid comes to get him from that small island cottage, is incredibly excited as he sees all of the amazing wonders to behold in the Wizarding World. Getting his wand, meeting Goblins, and seeing all of the amazing things their are to see throughout Diagon Alley. Harry's never been so excited in his life, and can't wait to get away from the Dursley's and out into this new, awesome world.

Thing is, when he gets back to the Dursley's, they do something unexpected. They grab him up from his cupboard and beginning pulling out book after book, story after story, showing him all the evils of the Wizarding World. The only problem with this plan is that fact that, throughout all of the Fairy Tales, the antagonists and evil villains are never wizards. No, they are Witches.

This gets little Harry thinking, and soon, as he sits in the darkness of his little cupboard, he begins to create within himself a terrible fear of all things evil: the female half of the wizarding world.

Details: I want this to be a comedy about Harry's intense phobia of all things witch. You can take this in any direction you like, and make it however long you want it to be. Maybe even just do a WWSHD style and do separate, broken events. I'm not sure if this will even be possible to pull off correctly, and their isn't some sort of massive plot behind it, but I think it would be utterly hilarious if someone could do this correctly.

2. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

What an interesting challenge! Seriously, a character driven story which has reasons which will influence heavily on how Harry develops. I would read it, but it would have to be written competently and be well laid out.

Is it just witches he would be scared of, or females in general.

My only worry is that if some slash fan sees this, they will automatically assume that Harry has to fuck Draco, whereas it is far more likely that he would build up one or perhaps two close friendships with witches his age, and most likely end up with one of them

3. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

And there it is. Randeemy hit the nail on the head.

(And anyways, isn't there a manga based on some kid who's deathly afraid of females? Or breaks out into boils or some dumb shit like that? Anime/manga is not my area of expertise, so I could be completely making that up.)

But yes, if the slash is ignored (read: doesn't happen) and done in the WWSHD style, I'd definitely read it. It'd be funny to see a witchphobia Harry running away in fright from BWL-obsessed Ginny.

4. Snarf

High Score:
    Yes, I was specifically referencing Witches, not females in general. His aunt is showing him all this, after all.

I really have no idea. I'm not a massive manga fanatic. Just Naruto and Bleach.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Think up a situation and there is already a manga for it.

Old male roommate turns up as a girl and confesses his... her love for you? That one is lulzy. Called No Bra.

Demon Queen waiting to destroy the world sealed in random nobody's testicles, so that he can never orgasm or he'll release her? Called My Balls.

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Hey, maybe someone could turn this into a story like "The Potter Tradition of Red". Doesn't mean someone can't make a serious story of it as well, but it would be interesting if someone did another joke like that.

Wow... Those sound retarded.

Most manga = FAIL.

7. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Theyre actually lulzy as hell. And yea, a lot of manga sucks, but you cant say Most. There are some hugely fucking epic manga's. Mirai Nikki for example.

8. Iztiak

Fair enough. A large portion of manga = FAIL.

I admit, the ones you mentioned sounded lulzy, but wow...

9. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Fixed that for you.

While we're discussing manga, there was one pretty much exactly along these lines called Girls Saurus.

10. Snarf

High Score:
  11. Iztiak

Wow, there really is a Manga for everything.

And LOL at this one... Wow...

Quote from main character while making traditional manly "must get better" pose.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008