1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

KOTOR MMO

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jamven, Jul 18, 2008.

1. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Team Gizka is close to a release (for an unknown value of close).

They're up to version 1.0b11. Their public release will be 1.0c1. So, the release date will depend on how many more version iterations they want to do on 1.0b.

Their bug tracker shows two major bugs, several trivial ones and about a dozen features (journal entries primarily) that are yet to be dealt with.

It's in private beta so a public one shouldn't be too far away.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought KotOR II was lackluster because they were rushed for the holiday release.

3. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

LucasArts pushed the release in time for Chrismas, even though Obsidian told them it wasn't done. Also, post release Obsidian requested the funds to create a content patch to add in the cut-content, and LA refused.

Everyone always seems to blame Obsidian for KOTOR 2, but it wasn't really their fault at all. LA just rushed the game out for the holidays for more sales, then didn't care about it.

4. Durden's Wrath

Durden's Wrath Second Year

This, I had not heard. That changes things a bit.

Although, I do believe that had Obsidian been a more established company then they could have done a push back on LA. BioWare certainly could have.

LucasArts used to care about quality. It's a shame that is no longer true.

5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I've heard that pretty much everything that was cut still had everything that was planned and what fragments had been done hidden away with the game itself. It makes me wonder whether Obsidian did all they could to make things easier for anyone trying to mod it all back in...

6. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

So if this is going to be set in the KOTOR universe I wonder when that exact moment will be. I would kind of like it if they made the game a prequel of sorts and let you play in the army led under Reven and fight in the Mandalorian(sp?) wars. Also you have to wonder if it will be KOTORish in that you start normal and become a jedi later on.