1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Labyrinth (The) by Trekgrrl - M (ST:Voyager)

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by The Fine Balance, Feb 7, 2009.

1. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Title: Labyrinth (The)
    Author: Trekgrrl
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Angst/Romance
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms (ST:Voyager)
    Pairing: Janeway/OC
    Summary: While traversing a quagmire of navigational anomalies, Voyager stumbles upon a starship graveyard. In it is a functioning Cardassian sleep tube containing an Deltan/Orion female wanted for crimes against the Federation. However, there are more alien things to be worried about in the center of a labyrinth...

Link: Labyrinth Author's Page

Contains one of the best OC's I've read in any fandom.

Plot is superb. Style of writing is straightforward, with an extensive vocabulary and little pretension.

Tries very hard to sustain a technological consistency.

One-shots are sequential.

5/5.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

It's Voyager. That right there puts it in the -5/5 catagory. You're right on the grammar and lack or pretentiousness, so that gives it a three to its score, bringing the score overall up to -2/5. The length gives it another three, bringing this up to 1/5.

I'm sorry, but that is as high as I can bring myself to rate any Voyager fic. This fic tried, I admit. Really, it did. It's just that the author was trying to build a castle out of a pile of shit to begin with. It doesn't matter how great the castle becomes at the end, because it is still made out of shit.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Fuck you, Voyager is awesome. I will give this fic a try tomorrow and rate.

4. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Recently saw a Voyager fic recommended in the Library, and it reminded me of this one.

I still find this as excellent as I did back when I first recommended it. It has a tension that a lot of stories in this fandom (Star Trek in general, I mean) lack and some of the solutions are still quite ingenuous, rather than being imagined out of thin air as most of them in this genre are.

A lot of people may not like Voyager for various reasons, but the focus of this story is on the good parts of the show, and especially the Captain.

As before, 5/5.

Ps. It may or may not be finished. There are 6 reasonably lengthy one-shots as of now, and that is quite likely as long as it will ever be.