1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Lancer Gets Serious by Bloble - M - Fate/Stay Night

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by Tutorial Boss, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

Title: Lancer Gets Serious
    Author: Bloble
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure
    Fandom: Fate/Stay Night
    Pairings: Some Shirou/Sakura, some Shirou/Saber, the general stuff. Very small hints of Lancer/Taiga.
    Summary: A single order can change the shape of a the world, and a single command spell will change the outcome of one of the deadliest wars in history. For one Servant Lancer, that order would mean either victory, or death. Either way, the battle would be sweet.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7412923/1/Lancer-Gets-Serious

I was honestly quite surprised that this wasn't posted on DLP yet.

It's honestly quite rare to see a characterization of Lancer. For most part, the story's fairly par of course - decent allaround, not amazing grammar but definitely enjoyable in parts, pretty good fight scenes, decent overarching plot, etc.

Probably the first thing I noticed about the writing itself is, despite how cheerful the author seems to write, he still kills off some characters that have implied relations with the major characters, or even major characters themselves.

This isn't an everything perfect thing, or even an OC!Named!Dude fic. It actually characterizes Lancer a fair bit - not quite what I'd call three-dimensional, but then again, I have high standards for that thing after reading piles of Naruto shitctions. It's mostly a retelling, but in a different perspective and most very interesting, with various actions derailed and replaced. I find it pretty damn interesting of a read - though certainly not the best fic around, it's quite enjoyable. 4/5.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

This story is really great, but sadly the ending seems incomplete.

I haven't read this in a while but I'd be happy to go 4/5

3. DemonicInfluence

DemonicInfluence Fourth Year

I quite enjoyed it. The ending also seemed fine to me, but being Lancer is some pretty tough suffering.

4. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

I just read the last two chapters, and saw the magnificence of the plot. I switch my(slightly biased) vote to 5/5.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, this is a good story, and I quite like how Lancer is portrayed in this.

4/5

6. Imraefi

Imraefi Third Year

It's pretty good, but the ending (if there even was one) was rather abrupt. All the character portrayals were top notch, however.

4/5