1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by scaryisntit, Dec 28, 2010.

1. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I've been seeing this around in stores pretty cheaply lately (at least by Australian standards) and have been considering purchasing it. I've never played a Lego series game before however and have no idea what the gameplay is like. I've seen good reviews for it, but am still somewhat unconvinced due to previous poor luck with movie/book related games (see PS and CoS tie-in games). I was a little surprised to see no topics on it here and barely a mention in topics.

So, is the game any good? Challenging? Fun?

2. Antonimus

Antonimus First Year

It gets really really repetitive with the collecting of the money, and practically all the bosses (at least in the first year) are beat in the same way. Some of the cut scenes are funny, but the game itself? Not worth the 40 or 50 bucks I paid when it first came out.

3. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    from the LEGO series I liked the SW series but the HP ones are quit good too. I think it has variety,action,humor and a quit good fighting system. Sadly no Quidditch. I would recommend one turn with it. It's not earth shattering but for a while it manages to occupy your time.

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I played it, and it's typical Lego: it's entertaining, especially with friends (and especially once you unlock the Killing Curse), but it's not exactly a deep game. In addition, I don't know whether I've got better at games since my last Lego game, or whether it's just easier, but I completed about 90% of it in a few sessions. It's actually got one of the better magic systems for the HP games though, and it's definitely fun.