1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Limitless (TV series)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Oct 17, 2015.

1. syed

syed Supermod

I have this crazy theory, from the couple of episodes I have seen. Agent Harris is a prodigy, is that all her however? We know her dad was taking NZT, do we know how long? What happen if she was conceived on the drug, or was somehow exposed to the drug when really young?
    What if the early versions were not that powerful or dangerous, so allowing her to survive and mature. I am not saying she is a potential super genius, but what if she can do what Brian needs the shot for? Repeatedly take the pill without killing her self. She might be what Morra/hidden enemy has been unknowingly looking for over all these years, the reason why they allowed the drug to fall into the black market.

2. Rache

Rache Headmaster

You haven't been watching the show properly then.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Watched it. I'm annoyed at pretty much everyone. At Rebecca (who I've never particularly liked) for being a hypocrite, at Rachel for spilling everything because she was worried rather than talk to Brian, at Mike and Ike (Ike moreso), at Brian's parents ... eh.

I just wish we'd see less of Rebecca as the show goes on. Unlikely, but I hope.

On the other hand, we're finally moving forward on the plot. No more (or at least, not as much) procedural stuff. We'll see less filler and more plot in the next few episodes. The next episode will be interesting, because I know that plot will happen but I have no idea what.

4. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I'm more angry at the mother than Rachel. You should be able to talk to your parents about these things without your mother flipping out and basically throwing your sibling under the bus in front of FBI agents.

I understand that she assumed what Brian was doing was under FBI orders, but Jesus, there is a time and place for chewing out your son, and it isn't in front of his co-workers, and definitely not in front of the FBI.

5. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Well, it could be argued that she was on high emotional stress, but even so I'm annoyed with Brian's mom too. I was kind of expecting Brian's dad to interrupt her since he was shown a pretty reasonable guy, but as soon as he resolved to not say anything the trainwreck was inevitable.

Sands might be compromised in the next episode. I wonder how Morra will worm his way out of this one. Hell, is there anyone that could outsmart him as he's now?

I'm pretty hyped for the next episodes, but I don't think there'll be other seasons. Limitless is doing good, but for some reason I can't even begin to fathom its rating isn't that high.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Morra is being set up to fall eventually, I'm pretty sure. Which is sad and will turn me away when it happens, but eh.

7. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Actually, I'm not so sure about that.

I think we may be very surprised by what he has to offer.

8. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I hope that Morra will eventually become President, which would mean that Brian and friends would have to face an enemy who is insanely smart, cunning, devious and has access to nigh limitless (pun intended) resourcess and reach.

How one beats a guy like that? I have no idea, but I'd like to see it done.

(without him dropping the idiot ball, that is)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  9. syed

syed Supermod

In the movie, the drug was called NZT 48. So there were many earlier versions, and we know Morra had labs studying the drug. When will we see other versions are used? There could be some cool creations, that grant marvelous abilities.

10. Rei

Rei Squib

High Score:
    The family has really pissed me off. They're all talking about how much they worry for Brian but they're refusing to work with the FBI? Also, I don't understand why Brian doesn't just stick with the girl, especially if it was only going to take her a week. Now that Sands knows about her, she's going to die and Brian's not going to be there to help her because...he didn't want people to worry about him anymore? Just seemed a little less complicated to go with her and then return instead of returning and waiting for her to show up. This might just be me wanting more of Brian traveling around the world though.

11. Andrela

Bezgranichnyy was a fantastic episode.

I didn't like her initially, but Piper is really a good character. I want to see more of her.

Also, Sands now knows that Piper is alive and Rebecca knows about Sands working with Brian. That's pretty huge.

The next episode is bound to show the consequences.

12. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    The plot thickens. How long before Piper is offed I wonder? Things are getting even more complicated on Brian's side, the whole issue is kind of snowballing into something very big, he's gonna need a NZT-49 if it keeps going on.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I really liked the scene where Rebecca visits Brian's family. It may not have been the smartest choice for Brian's father, but it was interesting to see him really sticking up for him.

14. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

With Brians family who needs enemies.

15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Just saw the episode. I like how far the plot progresses, but I can't help but marvel as just how untrustworthy Rachel is.

Holy shit, but that girl holds secrets about as well as a bunched up T-shirt holds water.

Also, it's super funny how his parents don't want to say anything to Rebecca when just the other day they revealed everything in front of two agents. They didn't seem to have an issue then.

Piper is still best girl.

16. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Someone's forgetting Lucy

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Undercover agent chick?

I never dug her too much. She's cool and all, but not best girl material.

18. Andrela

Holy damn episode, Batman!

Sands left Morra and went rogue, he kidnapped Piper and is creating his own NZT supply and Booster Shots.

Rebecca confronts Brian after she learns he's connected to Morra!

Shit is about to go down, people.

19. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Sands was on his own side all the time, I feel like I should've expected that after his episode, oh well.

Morra giving absolutely zero fucks was amazing, I think he's expecting to finally find a 'worthy opponent' or something on that line.

The situation with Rebecca is tough but Brian is on NZT, with the info he has it won't be hard to direct the conversation to a win-win scenario.

I can't help but repeat myself, it's amazing how they are managing to further the plot, offer quality humor and good character development.

Edit: Could it be that this is an elaborate scheme of Morra's to keep his leash on Brian? I mean, he was pretty sure he could somewhat control NZT!Brian's actions, could he offer them to other people through Sands, all the while lying to Brian's face that he knew nothing about Piper?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  20. Andrela

I was surprised that Boyle told Rebecca about the NZT pill he found after Casey died.