1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Limits by Salazarfalcon-T- Doctor Who/Glee

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Riversong, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Riversong

Riversong Squib

Title: Limits
    Author: Salazarfalcon
    Rating: T
    Genre: Angst/Adventure (Officially. Personally, I'd include Hurt/Comfort in that.)
    Library Category: Doctor Who/Glee
    Pairings: mild Kurt/Blaine, mild Rose/Doctor
    Summary: Burt Hummel's dead, Kurt Hummel's doing his best to stay under the radar of Child Services, and the escalating bullying is quickly bringing him to the end of his steadily shortening rope. Enter a certain blue police box. AU off of Grilled Cheesus.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7520850/1/Limits

I've got to say that I hate Glee, and cannon Kurt is... awful, so I was quite hesitant to read this fic in the first place. Being a major fan of Doctor Who (the earlier seasons of the reboot, at least), I hate to see trashy crossovers that manage to stomp all over both fandoms. However, Limits turned out to be a good read. Firstly, Kurt is much less wimpy, and he only gets better. Secondly, I would like to clarify that this is not a songfic! At all. Thank god.

Also, I would like to emphasize that romance is barely on the radar here. I don't believe that there is so much as a kiss between either of the couples. I might warn you that the first few chapters are angst and little else. Lastly, plot is not the focus here. There are bits and pieces of plot from both shows(mostly Doctor Who) scattered about, but mostly, Limits is about character development.

All said and done, I'd give it 4/5.

2. Darth Kali

Darth Kali Third Year

I'm sorry. I like Doctor Who, a lot really, but I could not finish the first chapter of this. I just could not get into the characterization of Kurt in the first chapter, and things felt a little forced.

3. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Based on Darth Kali's rather short comment I'd place this in the Trash Bin.

If there are no further reviews until August 4, I'll move it based on that.

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Holy hideous amounts of angst Batman. I know it's labelled as angst, but this is a bit too much even for me. Added to that the slightly off character reactions, as Kali said.

Normally I'd say about 2/5, but the writing is good enough for the recycling bin, so I'll say 3/5.