1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

LINKed up's Challenge #3: Insane Inventor Harry

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by LINKed up, Jun 27, 2006.

1. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Okay, the original idea goes to MrMucus, but he gave me permission to post this. Basically, Harry becomes an insane inventor, scareing the crap out of everybody with his eccentricites, and he invents the weirdest shit. The basic requirements are as follows:

Harry MUST be insane
    He MUST have one ore two accidents at school
    Can take place at anytime
    The effects of some of his inventions must be random

Here are some example dialogues I made up in the IRC:

"I'VE DONE IT!!" "Again, Harry? You said that last time..." "SILENCE! I know that I have it this time..." *holds up a wand* "Uh, Harry? That's just a wand." "It may look like a normal wand, but it is MORE than just a wand! If you just press this button here then..." *wand transforms into Optimus Prime* "Transformers, more than meets the eye. Transformers, robots in disguise!" "I'VE DONE IT!!!" *Ron and Hermione blink*

"I'VE DONE IT!!" "Done what?" "THIS!" *holds up stick* "But Harry... that's just a stick..." "Not JUST a stick, dear Hermione. If you press this button here, then..." *stick blows up* "Drat, it failed again..."

"If I just put that there then... AHA! I'VE GOT IT!!! hehehehehehe"

"Harry... what are you doing?" "I'm INVENTING!!! hehehehehehehehe"

Have fun! :p

Edit: one more dialogue: "MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I HAVE CREATED THE ULTIMATE WEAPON!!" "Oh really? What is it this time Harry?" "Stop being so condescending! I have created... THIS!" *holds up a small button* "Uh, Harry? That's--" *is jabbed in the stomach by Hermione* *Hermione shakes her head* "How does it work Harry?" "Well, you simply press this button here and..." *nothing happens* "Drat, I failed again" *throws the button on the ground* *button explodes with a purple gas, inside of which is... JIGGLYPUFF* "Jiggalypuff jiggalyiypuff." *everyone falls asleep* *Jigglypuff draws on their faces*

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  2. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

Wow, I'm scared already... Though I may actually write a humorous little one shot with this idea... could be fun. Well, I'm not committing yet, but I'll definitely think about it :). All I need is a plausible reason for Harry to go insane... Hmm... Ah well, I'll just blame it on magic. Or maybe he fell on his head in Quiddich one too many times.

3. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Extremly amusing! Harry could constantly interupt the classes at hogwarts by randomly screaming I'VE GOT IT!!! and cackling insanly.

4. f77

f77 Backtraced

When I saw the title of your challenge in the Fanfic Discussion, my first thought was WTF?!

This is a really good idea for humor. Good luck to whoever tries it.

5. LINKed up

Well, I have decided to try it out. My reason for Harry going nuts is because he had one too many late nights thinking about how Sirius is dead. Just a slap at all of those other stories :p.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Grief for Sirius turning someone into a mad scientist? Doesn't sound too plausable to me...

I think a complete AU, with skipping much the childhood, would be much better... something like Harry getting raised by an insane house elf or something...

7. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Perhaps he eats a few to many of Dumbledore's lemon drops which are laced with something?

8. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

Well, he could in his training frenzy (slap) botch up a ritual to improve his intelligence.

9. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    nah, I think a complete AU would be better for this, rather than try adn work it into the cannon universe

10. LINKed up

Well, I haven't got to the point of where I am going ot need to explain his insaneness just yet, so I have time to think up of something. I might change it to a complete AU if I can't think up of something, or I might just go with something that doesn't work but will work anyways because of the fact that the fic will be a humor fic. But meh, I've got time.

11. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, canon!Harry could go crazy, but brilliant... sorry, the kid is just to dumb for that.

12. LINKed up

Hmm... I guess you are right... well, good thing I had less than 1000 words done. :D

13. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

You could have him come in contact with one of those brains in the Department of Mysteries. Either directly, or say he tried to perform legilimancy on Ron right after the DOM fiasco and somehow "absorbed" the brain in a twisted way. Oh, the possibilities this opens up. How about doing this to both Brained!Ron and Hermione. Instant insanity!

14. LINKed up

Actually, I do have a way to make canon Harry in the way the challenge describes: he is brilliant because he is crazy, not crazy yet brilliant. And he is going to get hit on the head really hard and an order member is going to botch the eneverate spell and scramble his brain. :D

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No, no. Brain catches Ron and Harry tries to save him. The brain envelops both of them and screws them up. But while Harry turns crazy and brilliant, Ron is basically turned into Igor, the insane Harry's zombie-like assistent. After all, what kind of crazy scientist don't have some sort of stupid muscle to watch his back...

16. Litha Riddle

Litha Riddle Banned DLP Supporter

This sounds like a really good idea, especially with the brain twist IP and Vanna suggested.

I was hoping The Prodigy would've been like this, but it got bogged down with those computer things.

Ron as an Igor would be funny, and would give him a reason for being stupid.
    Also having Harry be brilliant yet insane would piss Herman off, which would make my year.;)

Litha

17. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Oh, that's good! I was also about to suggest turning Hermione into some brainless bimbo but on second thought it will be more fun to have an Insane!Harry, Igor!Ron and a rational Hermione. It will drive her nuts. heehee

Edit: heh, I just read your post Litha. Great minds think alike :)

18. LINKed up

Well, I personally like me idea better, considering I came up with it. :p I just like the idea of both Ron and Hermione being weirded out, and I could have Hermione being pissed off later and Ron thinking the stuff is awesome and such. But meh, I will figure that all out later.

19. Litha Riddle

Litha Riddle Banned DLP Supporter

You could start of with Ron being weirded out, then becoming an Igor to make money/gain fame etc.
    I mean Ron already is a dumb sidekick so it'll just be a natural process.

I love the idea of an insanely intelligent Harry.

Litha

P.s Vanna great minds do think alike, although I'm a bit weirded out now.;)

20. Ravage

Ravage First Year

I trully can't wait to see this, this is great!