1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

LINKed up's Challenge #3: Insane Inventor Harry

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by LINKed up, Jun 27, 2006.

1. mr q

mr q Guest

Heh, I envisioned Ron as the Pinky to Harry's 'The Brain'.

♫ They're Weasley and the Boy, Weasley and the Boy; one likes his Quiddich, the other is fate's toy... To prove the prophesy, they're looking for the key. They're Weasley, Weasley and the Boy-Who-Lived Lived Lived. ♪

- Mr. Q (took me less than 1 min to write that)

2. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Just blame harry's insanity on being dropped on his head at a young age.

3. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Too late, I'm doing Dudley nailed him and an order member fucked up a spell which scrambled his brain.

4. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Is this going to be posted in the Works by Author section? Because I cannot wait to read this...

5. LINKed up

Yes it will be. But you are going to be waiting for a bit, because I still have a ways to go before the first chapter is ready.

6. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

Wow, you leave a thread for a day and miss 20 posts :p. Anyways, I've also decided to try my hand at writing it (started yesterday). It'll only be a short one-shot, not a long fic or anything.

As for Harry going crazy, well this is a humor fic so it doesn't have to make too much sense. He begins to go crazy in mine after Voldemort posses him in the Department of Mysteries. Then a few things happen over the summer and his brain ends up pretty muddled. Already got the whole thing pretty much planned out, even the way that Harry inadvertently vanquishes Voldemort. I'm pretty sure that nobody has ever used this method, and if they had then I'd probably think they were slightly insane themselves... Anyways, should be done in the near future... I'll post a link in here whenever that is :).

7. mr q

mr q Guest

Heh, I think I will give this challenge a try.

I will try to make it a mostly serious story, though.

Harry's descent into his own psyche and madness will be a slow one caused by pressures from Dumbledore and the order, the evil and pain inflicted by the Death Eaters and Tom, and finally with the frustrations of the Ministry and the unchanging magic society in general.

Harry will try to hold on to his ideals, but the lines will blur and also, power tends to corrupt and Technomancer!Harry will have power a-plenty.

I think I can start posting rough drafts of the chapters soon.

Random Dialogue:

Draco and company strolled up to a frustrated Harry Potter as he sketched and erased, sketched and erased in his omniprescent notebook of ideas.

"If it isn't Gryffindor's golden boy."

Harry slowly put his worn notebook down on the great hall table, sighed, and turned to the reason behind the latest interuption.

"Hello, " he said before taking on a almost maniacal grin as an idea came to him, "Hello, Guinea Pig!"

"What did you just call me?" Draco demanded.

"Do you know what Guinea Pigs are, Draco?"

"What does that have to do with..."

"They're small rodents," Harry interrupted, grin still on his face. "In the muggle world, they're used to test substances that would be too hazardous to humans. You know, I try to see the good in everyone, Draco. Failing that, I try to see a way such a person could be useful, despite themselves. Well, Draco, I think I finally figured out a way that even you can be useful."

"Be seeing you, Guinea Pig." Harry winked as he picked up his things and walked off from the table, leaving a stunned Draco Malfoy.

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hah! Freakin cool. Draco the little guena ferret...

9. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

That's awesome! I can't wait to see anybody's version of this story...in fact, I think that we should flood FF.net with these to make it the "in-vogue" genre.

(Note: I didn't actually just say, "in-vogue"...that was my Draco...I mean...that was my Guinea Pig :))

10. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I cant wait to read more :) Hope it will be soon

11. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

I liked that bit very much.
    The one thing that didnt fit was that Harry stopped his work immediately. Some insane inventor's attention would be hard to get, I think. But anyway, great so far, I look forward to seeing more.

12. LINKed up

Very good dialogue, and I agree with anolfrik. Maybe Draco should have tried punching him or something, but still, a good example. I like your angle of making a serious story out of it as well.