1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Beta.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Aldebaran Rising, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Aldebaran Rising

Aldebaran Rising Third Year

I'm looking for a beta for my story, "Within Destruction" (link at sig).

I've got about 14 chapters planned out, but it may be subject to change. I don't want someone who just tells me that everything's good, and there's nothing to improve on.

My dialogue's pretty weak, and my plot isn't as intricate as I'd like. These are my main reasons to find a beta, so if you're interested, just post on this thread/drop me a PM.

2. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

I would offer to help, but as I haven't read the Dresden Files personally, I'd miss a lot of important details/facts, so I wouldn't be of much assistance.

3. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

If you're still looking, I'd like to help out. At the very least, I can probably give dialogue a tweak, and I might know a thing or two about plot complication.

4. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I'm willing to offer a hand. No writing experience of my own, but I'm pretty well-versed in both DF and HP, and am more than happy to let you know when something doesn't sound write to me or if I see any plot holes.

5. Aldebaran Rising

Closed. I've 3 betas now!

6. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

I might be naive, but why not just post your outline on DLP but in a seperate thread from your story?

That way, people who want to critique can all help you out and have a discussion, and those who would rather not have things spoiled for them (Like myself) can just stay out of that thread and read your other one.

I kind of thought the whole point of the WBA forums was so that everyone on DLP can be a beta.

7. Aldebaran Rising

Eh its easier to bounce ideas/get feedback from 3 people rather than letting it be open, which might make things too confusing. Also, once someone reads the plotline, the hints in earlier chapters become kind of obvious. It's just a personal preference, really.