1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a fic I've lost the link too.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by enji-benjy, Dec 30, 2012.

1. enji-benjy

enji-benjy Squib

This is what I can remember about the story:
    –I think it was complete but I'm not 100% sure.
    –It had Harry going back in time, possibly when Voldemort attacked Godrics Hollow but it could have been accidental magic from at the Dursleys (wishing to be taken somewhere safe?). He goes back to his dads parents time (during the Grindelwald war), appearing in front of their mantle place.
    –The elder Potters do a test to find out who he is. The spell reveals he is related to Grindelwald through Lilly.
    –The elder Potters agree to allow Grindelwald to visit Harry on the condition that he not attack the Potter, or something like that.
    –I can’t remember if James & Lilly still get together or not, or if they do whether or not they have Harry and still die that Halloween.
    –Harry is accepted at and goes to a different school. As far as I can remember, not Durmstrang or Beauxbatons.
    –I seem to remember that Dumbledore still fought and beat Grindelwald, however it was only a simacrula of some kind (the fight happened ‘off screen’).
    –Grindelwald becomes a wand maker in the town Harry founds.
    –I can’t remember what the ship is, or even if there is one. Though since it is set so far before Harry is born it is unlikely to be anyone from cannon.
    For some reason I didn’t add it to my list of fics I’ve read, not even to the list of ‘bad’ fics. It’s been bugging me for a while now that I can’t remember what it is, and I’ve been going through all my lists on various sites and well as my internet favourites looking for it. So any help in identifying it would be a great help.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The hell kind of weirdass story this must be...

Best of luck finding it. I have no idea. Here's a question though, did you think it was any good? I assume it wasn't great, since you mention not adding it to your list of "bad fics," but worth Almost Recommended? There's just so much WEIRD stuff in this description you posted... it boggles the mind.

3. Rache

Rache Headmaster

I've never read a story with a summary that matches your description. However, I've read this one AU where Harry Potter is a Dark Lord along with Voldemort. With his soul residing inside the body of Fleur Delacour's brother, he is the Dark Lord of France and his secret of immortality is a creation of Gellert Grindelwald, a time-tuner of sorts.

So, yeah. Please post the link if anyone else read the story. I read this story when I first entered the world of fandon. Still, the concept was interesting.

I am a massive fan of Gellert Grindelwald. He has gallons of untapped potential.

4. enji-benjy

enji-benjy Squib

I usually keep a list of all the fics I read, good & bad. I can't remember if it was any good, I seem to recall it being OK though.

5. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Hey 'enji-benjy'. Any idea on what the story I requested might be? On another note, your DLP username is very attractive.

Welcome to DLP. :D

6. enji-benjy

enji-benjy Squib

Hey, thanks.
    No, it sounds interesting and definitely a plot I would remember reading, though.

7. enji-benjy

enji-benjy Squib

OK I found the fic again completely by accident.
    Title: Lord Evans-Potter
    Author: Timetravelling-ninjamonkey
    Ship: Harry/Multi
    Status: Not Complete - one (very long) chapter from June 2012
    URL: http://www.hpfanficarchive.com/stories/viewstory.php?sid=648
    After re-reading it, it looks kind of rushed. It has some good story ideas but the whole thing could do with some fleshing out I think.
    It is a Harry Potter/Stargate crossover.
    It has some mild smut and Dumbledore/Weasley bashing.

---------- Post automerged at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

It was OK, like I said above, it could do with a re-write and betaring, but it has some good ideas.

8. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

I actually decided to skim out of morbid curiousity, it's as bad as you can expect. It's kill it with fire bad.

First line of the story "Arvada kedavra!".

Yeah, no.