1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

looking for some things

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Ravage, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Ravage

Ravage First Year

specifically

One of those Harry finds out about his inharentance fics where Harry arives at his ancestreal home by a lady claiming to be lilly potter, they fight for a while and a litle girl enters and turns out to be the lady's daughter, eventually harry accepts she is his mother and she begins to teach him.

A time turner fic where Harry is living with his multiples in a magical tent within his room, there are 5 of him, looks to be a H/HG ship eventually, can transfigure/conjor golems from marbles

not so specific

fics where harry is good at unusual things like musical instruments or construction like woodworking and the like, that type of stuff.

thank you

2. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Sounds like MaxFic's original Harry Potter and the Power Unknown. Supposedly he's rewriting it for post-HBP, but only 1 chapter of that is up, and that was posted back in July. Rewrite is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2499066/1/ Old version was taken down, but it used to be here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2034066/1/ I think.

Sounds kind of like The Rise of the Gray Lord by Old-Nick and more recently TheDarkestAngel16. It's here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2091668/1/. Haven't really read it much since Old-Nick abandoned it and the new author took over. Old-Nick's story was fantastic, real nice action sequences, decent growth, powerful, semi-independent Harry, but it felt like it might turn into a romance filled crap-fest. The new author on it, when I first read a new bit, disappointed me a bit, but I haven't read that much of what she's done. She could be great and it was just a weak lil start. I dunno but I doubt that "independent" label is very applicable. I'm guessing the lil wuss 'needs' Hermione and Hermy's help. Of course this is a rude arrogant opinion and I haven't read much since the new author took over. This story I know had marbles turned into massive demon-like constructs, occasionally named "Ted".

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

"Harry Potter and the Power Unknown" was pretty good fic, save for that whole Harry/Ginny crap. It's removed now, but I have the old version on HD. If you really want it, drop me your e-mail adress.

The Rise of the Gray Lord used to be great story until that battle at Private Drive. Afterwards, it's like the author ran out of steam and turned the whole thing into stupid HHr romance, where Harry is spending more time justifying himself to that self-righteous bitch and her parents, then training himself to defeat Voldemort. New chapter has some good parts, but it seems that this new author will go on with turning Harry into whipped little wuss, instead working on training/action parts.