1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Lord of Caer Azkaban by Rorschach's Blot - PG13

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

i love still this story

2. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

Rorschach's Blot pleas update this great story soon for your true fans. 8)

3. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

Re: going back to hogwarts

it's good, but just like you said those authors always does that. they propebly don't have any idea of how to write a story without hogwarts. that kinda pisses me off.

4. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

"make a wish"

thats why i like his new fic so much more because it barely has anything to do with hogwarts at all and its very funny

5. Ginny Killer 2.0

Ginny Killer 2.0 Third Year

right behind you breathing down your neck
    this was one of the first askaban fics that i read and it got me looking for more of them. now im not sure if that is good or bad lol. it was good at the beginning then it became to well.....umm.... boring lol

6. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

new chapter 31

now that he has fineshed "make a wish" rorschach has a mini chapter
    on his yahoo group.

7. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

The new chapter sucked.
    All it contained was three scenes.
    First the scene with Dumbledore which was shablonic and not effective.
    The second was Rebbeca and Herman discuss ther love for Harry and who should get to bet with him.
    The third was the negotiation scene I expected. Turned out to be un-realistic and weak vampires succumb to Potter's will after one threat. I expected long and inspiring powerplay between Harry and the leader of vampires but nahhhhhhh. And how in th hell can Vampire sweat?!!!?!?!?!?!!?
    Really one of the weakest chapters so far by this talented author.

8. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

Why Vampires shouldnt be able to sweat? As far as I know there is nothing saying that they cant... anyway I stopped reading this fic a long time ago eve if I really like the authors fic "Make a Wish". Mainly cause it has gone downhill after the firsts chapters.

9. Evil Shnitzel

Because vampires are dead!!! So thus they don't have a beating hearts or sweating or peeing!
    I think that the anime starts to influence his work too much. We can see this in the latest months chapters.

10. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Still my fanfic radar's pretty much blank. Just because this story is possibly my favorite (maybe 2nd after Betrayed) Azkaban fic of all time, I will likely stick with it.

11. coupdmain

coupdmain First Year

start - rant

I am tired of people here misusing the "Spell Check".

Repeat after me people it is Hermione, not Herman, not Harm-one or Dumb-one. (I know the last two were bad, but bear with me people). The spell check is a tool, it does not have all the words out there, nor can it properly handle all the Proper Nouns like names.

end - rant

back - on - topic...

I think this was one of the first Azkaban fics where Harry did not go to Azkaban as a convicted detainee. His spelling in the initial chapters (I read it again) is atrocious to say the least, but I would say that improves.

Overall I do like this fic, even with the hints of mushiness (is that a word) hidden beneath humor.

[edit]Come to think of it, I dont remember why I do like this fic. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  12. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

Um, while that post did have spelling errors (ther) I think Herman was intentional. It's like Gin-slut. A word made up for these boards showing that people don't like her character. Its one of those things you have to learn to accept if you want to read this board.

13. f77

f77 Backtraced

I haven't completed the story yet, I am on the fifteenth chapter, but so far I think it is brilliant. Maybe it gets worse later on, but still... It's brilliant. This was the original Lord of Azkaban fic right? Because I have seen other people doing this too. If it is the original one, then Rorschach should get credit for originality. I haven't read the last few chapters, so I don't understand the bitching yet, but I am working on it.

What I liked about this fic is the Azkaban Island is like a country, and has it's different things like military, and diplomacy... Another thing is that harry is so powerful, and Powerful!Harry + Independant!Harry + hints of Darkish!Harry is always good in my book.

Dislikes: The carriage, that part is so stupid it made my blood boil.

14. Evil Shnitzel

Are you a dipshit or what? Check the thread "DLP-isms" and see... you know what? I doubt your ability to do this so I will post it here for you:
    "
    Herman: Used in reference to a shemale Hermione. The women is so anal and annoying it's an easy way to lash out at her poorly written character. Example: "it's slash, the pairing is Harry and Herman"
    "
    So in the end I'm tired of dumbasses like you who like to play it hardcore in purpose to be liked by people here.

On the topic of this story: I don't see him posting another 10 or so chapters 'cause the horse is dead. He himself know it and said that there only one or two chapter's left. He should write something serious without romance or humour for once. I would like to read something like that \cause in the end he is a talented writer.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  15. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It's a deliberate misspelling, dolt. As Evil Shnitzel demonstrated, it's a DLPism. On the forums we have words we've come to recognize such as "tridented", Herman, Ginslut, and so on and so forth which we call DLPisms. Most of these can be found under the DLPisms thread in General Discussion.

16. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

When it was a new story, I liked it. But especially the last chapter (and Ch 32 part one) sucks.

I agree with Schnitzel, the negotiation was plainly stupid. Harry saying something cocky, the feared and dangerous Vampires trembling before the might that is Azkaban. Harry got them on his side by default.

Also, he seems to be more and more controlled by his bitches. Reminds me of the latest chapters of a similar story, I don't remember which though.

Completing this story just for the sake of completing it is a bad idea imo.

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

18. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

The original Lord Azkaban idea was a challenge from PP2, I believe.

19. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

yeah, that would be nice. Problem is, it's hard to do that without damaging the plot line. Perishing instantaeously in a ball of flame is all well and good, but laqcks the emotional vengence that Harry so needs.

I'm talking about all the HArry is betrayed, sent to hell, and found innocent later. Then they force him to go to school to complete his education.

It's like the book "The Count of Monte Cristo"

"Death is too kind for them. I want them to suffer as I suffered, to see everything ripped away from them as it was ripped away from me."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Midknight
    God I go away from the site for a few days and I miss such a great bash opputunity ! Damnit!

Isn't it great how we all untie against the first person who screws up?

It's like the first Prarie (sp?) dog that sticks its head up gets run over with a lawn mower.
    -Edmond Dantes

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  20. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

You should not talk about bashing someone for their stupidity while double posting. Makes you look like a hypocrite.