1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Lord of Caer Azkaban by Rorschach's Blot - PG13

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The problem is that the fic was built around only a single original twist. Everything else sucked. The technicality of Rorschach’s writing is definitely loads better now, but this fic has worn out its welcome.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

This fic has aged very badly. It might have some staying power as a progenitor of a line of fics, but at present it's so full of other cliche ideas that it's pretty much unreadable.

After the initial idea Rorschach simply doesn't write a single original idea throughout the fic. Telling idiot!Dumbledore to go have intimate relation with a goat, check. Gratuitous Herman, check. Harry inherits ∞ Galleons, check. Everyone else in the story is dumb as living fuck, most certainly check.

It's a shame, I've greatly enjoyed a number of Rorshasch's fics, but just not this one. For me, this fic has no place in DLP other than the recycling bin. 1.5/5

3. aiyer

aiyer Squib

Yes and no. I'd say that if it was written now, it would be full of cliche ideas. But the story was started in 2004. I'd say many of the cliche ideas are started with this story. You can't blame Rosarch for other authors copying a lot of his ideas.
    While the start was in my opinion rather good (very good at the time), it seems that Rosarch has lost view of where to take his story though.

About author's sending super Harry to Hogwarts:
    That's mainly done for interaction. The advantage of Hogwarts is that you have a lot of characters to interact with to fill the story between plots.
    I mean, let's say you have a diabolical Harry living on his own. You can't have one diabolical plan after the other, you need fillers. If Harry is living on his own, those fillers would be rather meager.
    In this story however, there is no need for it since there are more than enough characters to interact with at Azkaban.

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

In case there is someone still interested in this story, he/she/it might be interested in learning that it has been completed - half a year ago.

Back then Rorschach posted two more chapters dealing with Harry and the women (Becky and Hermione) and the last battle with Voldemort.

The last battle was burning down Riddle manor without any battle going on. Later the Azkaban forces presented Voldemort's head to Harry who wasn't even involved but waiting at home for their return.

Have a look if you want to finish what you started reading long ago - but as it has been said before: Nowadays it's just average.