1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lovecraft fanfiction?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Davinelulinvega, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Davinelulinvega

Davinelulinvega Third Year

I am sure most of us love the old Lovecraft, but are there any decent stories out there?

I have seen a scant few and mostly not very good HP crossovers but nothing more.

I´d be quite happy if anyone could recommend anything good.

2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Heather Sinclair's Gentleman Usher of the Scarlet Rod is a HP crossover that I enjoyed.

I also wrote an HP crossover, but I won't bother to link it, as it's likely in the "mostly not good" ilk.

3. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Of Dreams That Are is a Teen Titans fic which has the team get involved with Cthulhu as the main conflict (though it takes a few chapters to reach the start of that, IIRC).

4. Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid Professor

Well, I wrote a MLP:FiM/Lovecraft crossover called At the Mountains of Discord. The last chapter will be up on FimFiction tomorrow and TFF right now. It gets a bit action-adventurey in one or two places but I'm mostly pleased with the end result. The plot is that Twilight joins a Canterlot University expedition to Equestria's Uncharted North and encounters mythos related things. Inspired by At the Mountains of Madness

There's also a group for Lovecraftain MLP:FiM stories called The Library of Lovecraftian and Lovecraft-inspired Fiction.

Finally, I wrote three Laundry Files one shots for the Iron Fic contest run on TFF awhile back. The Laundry Files is based on the Cuthulu Mythos. Read them here.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The sole Lovecraft story I pimp out on occasions such as this is A Colder War by Charles Stross. Essentially, Lovecraftian horrors are weaponised during the Cold War. It's my favourite of the various Cthulhu Mythos stories out there.

6. Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid Professor

Charles Stross is a very good professional author, and I really enjoyed those books of his I've read. He wrote the Laundry Files books I referred to above.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  7. Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid Professor

I done a little searching and found some more.

One of best known Lovecraft crossovers is Children of an Elder God by John Biles & Rob M. It is a very good Neon Genesis Evangelion story, where the Christian symbolism of Eva is replaced with Mythos goodness. I very much enjoyed reading it, and it is in the library. (Links to the last two chapters can be found in the library thread). It is complete.

John Biles has a second mythos story: The Insects from Shaggy. I've seen it recommended but haven't read it myself. It is a Scooby Doo/Mythos cross.

In a similar vein to Children of an Elder God there is Aeon Entelechy Evangelion by EarthScorpion. It mashes up ideas from Lovecraft's work, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cthulhutech, Revelation Space and Eclipse Phase into a tight cosmic horror whole. I really liked it. It is in the library too. It is incomplete.

Drawing from a similar collection of sources to Aeon Entelechy Evangelion, there's Academia Nut's New Blood. I haven't read it but people seem to like it.

Moving back to stuff I can personally recommend: Reflections of Ruin is a Ranma/Sailor Moon/Cthulhu Mythos Crossover Fukufic. I remember really liking it back when I read it years ago.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013