1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Luck of the Draw by Kryal - T - Miraculous Ladybug

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Nemrut, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Title: Luck of the Draw
    Author: Kryal
    Rating: T
    Genre: Gen
    Length: 1339
    Summary:
    Link: Ao3 ff.net

Don't think we have many Ladybug stories on DLP yet, haven't delved that far into the fandom yet and waiting for season 2 to come out on German Netflix before I truly dive into the pool there but from what I found the stories seem to be pretty good.

This one was the best I have seen so far. I really love one-shots like this, when the author is able to spin concepts and hooks into compelling and thoughtful stories that just resonate. I honestly kept thinking about this story from time to time. The take on the magic and the people behind the masks over the course of centuries was fascinating and I really appreciate the thought and imagination the author put into this. It's short but very poignant. A/Ns can be hit or miss but this one was very much a hit and I would read actual essays by her. Same author who wrote that Stargate and ATLA crossover, btw.

So yeah, 5/5, must read if you like Miraculous Ladybug. Not sure how much you'd get out of this if you don't know the source material, I think you should at least be somewhat aware of it but you don't need to have watched every episode or anything.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I remember reading this a ways back. Very interesting way of looking at their luck, and how it might affect their character. Solidly written. 3.5/5 from me.

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As a stranger to the fandom, I didn't really follow this too well. The writing was okay, for the most part, but it honestly felt like a character study author's note - the perfect segue into the way that an a/n comprised a full third of this fic's length. It seemed insightful and was an engaging read, but would have been better suited to a forum post than a fanfic tbh.

3/5

4. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kryal's work on ML has been pretty disappointing so far. I'd give her (?) Avengers/ML fic a better score than this and I really hate the backstory written for that. That said, I don't think I should rate.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

So I never saw this before until the other day my middle kid was flipping through the TV and this came up. Its apparently either a Disney or Nick show. Which would make sense. Its a oneshot and there isn't really much here that made this worth reading. Okay writing doesn't really excuse the fact that they only spent a less than 2k words trying to get you invested in something that you really need to know about to be able to follow.

Its not the best for an outsider if you know nothing about it. I'll give it a 3/5 for decent writing and overall use of what was covered in the story.