1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Main reason I don't trust review sites

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Just goes to show that there's corruption and greed everywhere, especially where big business is concerned.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

That's kinda old news. I think that most of the distributers have "bribes for the press" category in their "game promotion" costs analyzis.

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

point. and politics.

5. Midknight

It's a no brainer but I wanted a reason to share the comic =P

I used to be dumb enough when I was younger though, to buy the games CGW ranked highest, and I'd often wonder why they didn't work, or didn't have the stuff listed, etc. Black and White 2 is a great example of a game that must of taken an assload of bribery, most of it's advertised features aren't in the game, heh

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Heh. That's cool.

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Never used reviews sites much, demo's work better. Makes a valid point I think, in that in all private buisness' / corporations are subject to corruption, and that people should form their own opinion rather then rely on another human subject to bribery.

Therefore, I will give no pity to any adult who can not, chooses not, to form their own opinion and moans afterwards they get screwed over.
    :p
    :D

8. Midknight

True, but you can't trust demo's either nowadays. Demos now are optimized to hell and back and they only give you stuff that is top notch to trick you into thinking everything is A-OK. BF2 for example I had zero issues with the demo and it ran full out perfectly at 40-50 fps.

Install the full version and it's a totally different ballgame. Where I used to run all High I could barely do medium. Textures looked massivley different and very clunky, the sound wasn't optimized on every map, all of the maps save the one they used for the demo had massive framerate issues that they fixed by making the maps so foggy it about ruined long distance shooting, etc.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

True, I dont look at reviews/demos really much at all. I'll typically go to gamefaqs, look through a walkthrough, and see if it looks fun.