1. The DLP Story Competition is back!!!!11one! Get the details in the announcement and break out your favorite editor, because it's time to enter the December 2017 competition.

Don't let us down, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

Manchester Arena attack

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bolko7, May 23, 2017.

1. bolko7

bolko7 Second Year DLP Supporter

2. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I live 6 miles from the city centre and could hear the sirens from out here last night.

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Professor

High Score:
    Thoughts and prayers go out to Britain.

This just sucks. Hate this kinda crap. Most were just young girls supposedly.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Terrible tragedy.

Though one has to wonder why such things keep happening in the UK.

5. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Elaborate on the 'keep happening', and do compare and contrast to other large and wealthy European countries.

Also, something something coalition against IS if it is IS-related. (They have claimed but long after it happened, and claiming is cheap, hence the conditional.)

Odds are it's going to exclusively be those, given whose concert it was. FWIW, the first two confirmed deaths are 18 and 8 years old, both female.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  6. bolko7

It is not only UK, Europe as a whole and hell the world itself. Look at wiki page, we now have separate pages for months of years for terrorist attacked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents

this is just fucked up.

And the easy answer for this would be Islam and Muslims themselves. Pity it is not that clean. But I do think it is time to stooped accepting Muslims saying that it is not them and we need to be tolerant of them. This is not me being a bigot but If shit like this was done by any other religion, churches would be raided, ppl question without care for theirs rights. I can not believe that no one know off this attacked(and many more that happen before)

Other thing is this, UK, France, Sweden well most of EU it not safe and Police should do more to protect events like this. Cuz from what i read no one checked for anything more then tickets

7. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There are other terrorists than Islamic ones. No one banned Catholics because of the IRA. Your opinion is shortsighted.

Evidently the incident was outside of the security cordon, so event security was not the issue.

8. bolko7

The shortsighted is you, where did I said I want anyone banned ? Here is the problem, if Police arrest a innocent Muslim and treat him harshly ale the media will go nuts, but if it was a some other religion it would be treated as a mistake. Muslim are ppl just like you and me treat them the same way you would treat all other ppl.

Example of that you have in your own post, I never said I want Islam to be banned (what do I care what you believe) but the first thing you think is I want to banned it. This is how most of the ppl now reacted.

And yet this happen, knowing that shit like this can happens one would thinks security would be able to stooped them. But no one wast thinking that a terrorist attacked can happen and that is why security filed. At this moment any bigger event can be attacked and from start to finish security forces need to think how to prevent it.

9. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Obviously, there are no words to say that could make sense of this.

The concert tour is suspended, last I checked, but I'd be surprised if it ever continued. There must be a lot of scared parents, swearing they'll never let their kid attend a concert. At least that would be my reaction. Perhaps it's letting fear rule my life, but I avoid big social gatherings as much as I can.

10. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are you high?

Security failed because the attack was outside the event. It doesn't matter how good your security is, the cordon has to end somewhere, and attackers can just wait on the outside of it.

11. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

I mean. I don't want them banned. I just think we shouldn't tolerate them. And their faith. And that it's their fault. And that they're terrorists. But except that, and that I'm okay with innocent Muslims being jailed to stop criminal ones, and that they shouldn't complain since it's their fault, I'm all for religious tolerance.

12. bolko7

No I am not High and as proven by a mad man the cordon shouldn't end there, especially when you know that ppl will be going in the station direction. You might not like it but security needs to predict this all. I do not get how could you not know this. This is not the first time terrorist do shit like this and yet you all think that security jobs ends at main event. Tell me how this is not a glaring oversight ?

I mean look at this how easy one guy killed so meany ppl, wounded more and we accepted that it could not be predicted. At most he know time the concert ends, basic layout and that ppl will come to the station. With this little he bypass all the security there was. Stop joking. Do you know what really happen. I don't but to me it looks like no one could believe that such act can happen there so no one did risk assessment or if it was done it was limited to the main hall only. It is plainly not enough

--

No what I want is this that if a person has a crime record he is arrested if there is a suspicion of terrorist and not ignore cuz media will create a shit storm. If Police fuck up, police fuck up but i prefer if they fuck up rather then they did nothing (hello berlin)

What I want is that the Muslim community works with us to find all ppl that could support terrorist, not just ignore odd actions in theirs community. I want them to be treat as normal ppl not like special case that need special care. They are as normal as you can get but ppl started acting wired around them.

But most of all I want to see that the killing stops, and if you think I am a bigot so be it I do not give a shit about your opinion

13. enembee

High Score:
    Okay, so where do you end the cordon, and what stops someone waiting outside of it?

14. bolko7

I do not know, but I do know you can not end it at the main event, if you know that ppl after will be going in a direction in big mass.

Enembee I really do not know where cordon should ended but for fuck sake your answer it not better then mine, hell it is worse cuz this happened. There has to be a better way to stop terrorist and here it seems that threat assessment plus a little bit more security could save so many ppl.

BTW as I am a bigot you can ignore me from this point over as SJW are always right.

PS. I am truly sorry for my English, I can not write to safe my life (I have some problems with writing)

15. Blinker

Blinker DA Member DLP Supporter

Do us all a favour and have a quick look over your responses for spelling and grammar, it's hard to have a discussion when I can't be clear what exactly you're saying. I don't want to misinterpret you and argue against something you haven't said.

16. enembee

High Score:
    I've made no comment about you being a bigot.

I'm just saying that you're being completely irrational. First you claim that the security was handled poorly, then you're saying you don't know how it should have been handled better. You can say one or the other.

The issue is, as you pointed out, the MEN Arena is right next to a major train station. If the security cordon extended beyond the MEN Arena, all the attacker would have to do is wait in the station for them all to come down after the show. The only way to prevent that would be to literally search everyone getting on any train that goes to Victoria station on the night of the event, which is absurd.

This is not a failing of security measures at the event. No sane event security measures can realistically prevent a dedicated suicide bomber, particularly one who has avoided detection by the national security forces, attacking a public place.

17. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

I mean, I never heard of people not being arrested of being suspected terrorist in account of being Muslim. Heard the opposite most of the time. Well, let me see. You want to end Presumption of Innocence, stronger racial profile, you want de facto potential life in prison for any crime (I.e immediate jail for anyone ever condemned), you want the elimination of due process for jail, you want to risk the principle of human dignity as one of the guiding fundaments of Lawful States, you want an inquisitorial system for hauling instead of allowing a contradictory and a police state.

Well. That's nice. Good luck on your war against evil libbies and their faggotry about fundamental and human rights and due process and stuff.

Particularly I just want you to learn how to write. Well, at least learn basic grammar, I would consider it a major win.

18. Erandil

Erandil Headmaster

Eh, in a few weeks most people will have forgotten about this the same way we forget about everything else. People didn't stop going to bars and concerts after the previous attacks and I doubt they will start doing so now..

And I personally will never really understand people like you and your reactions. The likelihood of you getting personally involved in such an event are astronomically small and it is probably far likelier you get hit by a car while out shopping than getting killed in a terroristic attack... I can't imagine living, and more importantly enjoying, life while always worrying about things like that.

19. bolko7

Some idiot is putting words in my mouth that I never said, and claims I was to arrest all muslilam ect. So I written that I am a bigot to make him happy cuz he has some problems.

I read one of the ppl that was at the concert said that they where not checked for anything outside of tickets (looking for source will link i once I find it - got is, well not exactly it cuz the one I read was at bbc but this will do http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...de-bombing-evacuation-procedure-a7750631.html). I am not a expert about protecting mass events, and from what I know you are not one too. But I know that similar attacks where stooped(sometimes) so this (hopeful) could be stoped too.

Train station has it own security to prevent terrorist attacked if I am not mistaken ? What more you can not claim that searching everyone going on the train would be bad if it stopped ppl from dieing(here i am being stupid cuz your argument is stupid)

We no longer life in a sane world so security can not be sane any more or we accepted this attacked as a price of doing business.

PS. I am very sorry for my poor English I am trying to write the best I can

20. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

People getting hauled in for questioning happens all the bloody time after terrorist attacks. After the Westminister attack, 12 people were arrested for various terrorist-related suspicions. A week and a half later, all of them had been released without being charged. I imagine more people were questioned without being arrested, because that's generally how things work in investigations. I don't imagine things will be much different this time, and I also don't imagine the investigation will turn up too much. The current hot thing in radicalisation is that it is generally done in comparative solitude over the internet. Can't exactly control that, though Mrs. May is trying her darndest.