1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Manga] Nanatsu no Taizai

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Sephiroso, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Okay. I'm surprised no one has made its own separate thread yet as this is shaping up to be one hell of a shonen manga. For those of you who don't know, Nanatsu no Taizai, aka The Seven Deadly Sins, is a fairly new manga(started last year) that's set kind of in the medieval times.

A quick synopsis of the story is a princess escapes the kingdom in search of the 7 Deadly Sins, which is a group of ex-Holy Knights who supposedly murdered the leader of all the holy knights. The princess is currently in search of the 7 Deadly Sins because the holy knights are now committing a coupe on the royal family and taken over the castle.

I don't want to give away to much but and if others feel I gave to little feel free give a better summary as I tend to suck at them.

Nanatsu no Taizai has no small helping of good action packed fights, meaningful and engaging backstory that grabs and holds your attention, and a decent helping of humour in the Meliodas' lecherous relationship with Rebecca(the princess).

The story's pacing isn't slow by any means either, that's not to say its incredibly fast and makes things confusing because it isn't. It's just at a slightly faster pace than some may be used to. So if that's one of your worries, you don't have to fear that at all. The anime for it recently started up has been doing insanely well, the only complaint I might have with it is that its moving a little to fast in the last 2 episodes.

If it means anything to you, the rankings for this years manga sales have come out and for having just started only last year, Nanatsu no Taizai has already claimed number 8 in the most sold manga volumes of this year which is an amazing feat.

So please, if you're an old time reader of the series or only got started, discuss it here as I feel with Naruto ending, some people are definitely wanting something to replace that void and Nanatsu no Taizai can definitely be that something.

2. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I'm watching the currently airing anime adaptation, and it's pretty good. I probably won't read ahead in the manga until the anime is over, but it's nice to know the source material is good.

3. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Yea the anime so far has been following the manga very faithfully. The director took some liberties(specifically with going into as much detail into Ban's flashback as they did) but those are all good things.

If you've been enjoying the anime so far, now that they're at the tournament oh my god, you're in for a treat for the next 5~ episodes. So much amazingness is about to go down.

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I haven't watched the episodes but there was a bonus chapter regarding Ban's past that might be what you saw. I didn't know about it (and others) until I re-read the series on mangahere.