1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Deftex, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

Come on now, it's very commendable initiative for Bioware to introduce the first autistic main character (that I can think of) in gaming.

That being said, with the proper slider magickery, Female Ryder's derpiness can be fixed. Somewhat. To an extent.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Is there a character editor out yet?

With ME 1-3 someone made a utility to change your characters looks midplay so you dont have to start a whole new one.

3. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

So item rarity goes as follows: common - uncommon - rare - ultra rare.

You'll want to start off with just basic packs until you max out (or come closer to maxing out) your common weapons and characters. Of particular note is the Charger SMG, which punches way above its weight and is miles better than any other common weapon.

Though that might change soon, since they're doing a balance patch specifically to improve the otherwise anemic weapon damage.

Anyways, basic packs to start, then you'll want to get advanced packs (the 20,000 pt ones) to burn through your uncommon weapons. Same deal here, don't worry about rare or ultra rare weapons for now.

Once you're feeling comfortable in your commons and uncommons, then you can start opening up expert and premium packs. It's an open question whether or not opening one premium vs two expert packs is better since we don't know the exact rarity of ultra-rares in expert vs premium packs. But at that point, basically open whatever you want.

Also, the grind goes way faster once you can consistently do gold matches. completing a gold match gives you 55,000 credits vs a measly 10,000 from a bronze match. Learn what works in gold and what doesn't.

Pro-tip to start: the vanquisher sniper rifle is very very good, and vanguard melee builds with the juggernaut shield kick ass against anything that isn't remnant. Finally, outlaws are by far the easiest faction to defeat.

4. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    Since I've gotten my Asari sentinel to lvl 20 (and have yet to reset because I grind gold matches on her) I've been primarily using the Asari Adept. Holy-fucking-shit once you get annihilation leveled up and throw/lance cooldowns are lowered you don't even need a gun.

I hadn't used annihilation during SP so this has been my first experience with it, but goddamn.

On a side note, has anyone played the Krogan Gladiator yet? The only UR classes I have are the Kineticist and the Salarian Operator.

5. The Iron Rose

There's also no point to resetting characters at all, so don't do that.

6. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    Seriously? Wow.

7. The Iron Rose

It's a free respec and gives you like 75 apex points, but no, no other point.

Far better to do two apex missions and purchase a respec instead.

8. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Welp, just lost about 10 hours on my save. Don't know if I can bring myself to do Elaaden again right now :(

9. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

That's rough. I've been afraid of that happening - I got burned like a motherfucker in Inquisition when a save got borked - so I've been saving like a motherfucker. I've also been abusing the "switch quest/switch back so I can save all the time" 'exploit'.

10. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    I got myself into the habit of saving periodically long ago. It's saved my ass many a time. (Though not during Andromeda, I've had no save problems yet)

11. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

The almost insulating thing about the whole situation is that the last save that survived was of me walking off the tempest onto Elaaden :rrou:

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Just did Liam's loyalty mission.

Ahhh.... there's that sense of fun and humor I was looking for. Reminded me a little of the Citadel DLC.

Liam bantering with Drack mid-mission:

"Knock knock"

"No, too subtle. Krogans use explosives."

"No, it's a joke."

"I know. Explosives are hilarious."

Also, the way you and Liam keep shutting off the bad guy on vidcom to continue your own argument, and the evil dramatic music gets shut off with it each time. That was a brilliant touch.

Was enjoying the game before that, but that was A+ stuff.

13. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That mission is pretty fun. I'm working my way through all the loyalty missions at the moment, which is a mixed bag - they're all good, so far at least (Cora, Liam, Vetra and Jaal), but doing them all at once seems to have inspired a bit of a lull - I really want to go off and find new things to do, and advance the plot, but don't want to find myself in an ME2 situation where I can't do them without people dying (which may not be possible, for all I know).

Also, fuck Havaarl. At least on the other planets you can drive past the random encounters if you can't be bothered.

How many people chose to use the 'impulse action' at the end of Jaal's mission? Wondering what happens if you don't.

14. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I didn't.

If you don't, what happens is Akksul shoots at Jaal, but misses mostly and it just puts a new scar on his cheek. Then the Roekaar, and Akksul himself, have this big "what have we become?" moment and things end peacefully there.

15. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    So here's my question, I'm curious to know your answers since it seems like there would be a lot of different opinions about this part of the game.

During Cora's loyalty mission, did you decide to let Sarissa stay the pathfinder? Or let that other chick (forgot her name) take the mantle?

I chose to keep her on as pathfinder and not let word spread about how she dicked over the previous PF because I figured it would be bad for the Asari overall. I liked the results of my choice in the end.

16. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I decided to give the job to the other asari. I don't imagine it had all that much impact on the game as a whole; Still got an asari pathfinder showing up at Meridian and making a big fuck-off wall o' biotics to save the day at the right time.

17. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Thank you god.

Also, the Sandstorm, Sweeper, Valkyrie, Halberd, Carnifex, Hornet, Phalanx and Scorpion got damage buffs while the Mattock got a rate of fire buff. Though you see shit like this and wonder why they even bothered lol. https://gfycat.com/FamiliarSereneHarpyeagle. At least the next update should buff combos and powers. Melee Effect: Multiplayer is pretty lame

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/06/patch-1-05-multiplayer-balance-updates/

And lots of texture improvements - the eyes and skin textures make a huge difference.

Man, I really, really, really wish the Biotic explosion noise was the same as in three. Just visceral and kabooooom.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  18. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I wasn't sure how much the damage buff was, cheers for this. That is quite large really, which is fair considering how large the ammo equipment is as well. I stopped playing my vanguard because my sniper shits on it, but I might buy that juggernaut shield and see how that stacks up in gold matches. I do prefer the melee gameplay charging around everywhere, but from what I've seen nothing stacks up against the plain old sniper build.

Cheers for the info.

19. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    So why were people pissed about Hainly Abrams? I haven't looked into what the big deal was (like at all) so I have basically no info on the subject. People are pissed cus they put a transgender person into the game or... some other reason? Not totally sure what the situation is.

20. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Because they did a bad job of writing her. She introduces herself, then immediately explains her old life as Stephan without any other hint that she's transgender or any real reason to explain it beyond 'look, a transgender character!' It's been seen as wildly inaccurate compared to how delicate and potentially traumatic such explanations are in reality (although it has also been argued that a much more advanced humanity, the best part of a thousand years in the future, and having daily contact with aliens, might have a different approach to such things).*

Basically, crap writing plus delicate subject matter = moderate shit storm.

Although doubtless, there are probably going to be people who are pissed off that they included a trans character at all.

*Explanation paraphrased from what I've read on various websites, I'm not going to claim expertise on the nuances of being transgender.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017