1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Vesvius, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Having just completed Mass Effect 2, I'm in the market for some decent Mass Effect fics. I can't find any really good ones, save for Mind Over Matter (which is over in the For Review section).

I'm looking for any Male Shepard centric fics that aren't slash. It sounds simple, but it's really hard to find any. Thanks much in advance.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Graveyard Shift, by Peptuck. Only four chapters, but so far it's showing promise.

Mass Effect: Chains of the Past, by Zarkovagis9. It has its share of problems, but it's much better than most of the other stories in this category.

Those and Mind Over Matter are the only ones I've found that seem to be any good.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

4. vad3r

vad3r First Year

Mock Effect, a parodi on ME1
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/15881464/Mock-Effect

It is completed.
    It's not male shepard centric as the main characters are "twin" Shepards, a femShep hero/biotic - maleShep ruthless/Soldier

Pairings are loosely maleshep/ashley - femshep/kaiden

5. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

First: Go make an intro thread.

Second: Must it be a script?

Third: Learn to spell please.

6. vad3r

vad3r First Year

First: I was under the impression that intro threads where not mandatory, and I do not consider myself active enough on this board to make anyone care about who or what I am.

Second: I'm sorry, but yeah. The author deleted it from fanfiction.net a while back (can't remember when, sorry) and this was the only place that I found the full story on (First working link.).

Third: I'm working on it.

7. Vesvius

Thanks for the recs, guys. I can't really read the one in script format, just can't do it. Sorry. But the other two were both very good, and are now on my update list.

The only good one that I could find recently is Fight For the Lost, which seems to be a straight up novelisation with a Shep/Miranda pairing.

Oh, speaking of pairings, anyone else notice the ungodly amount of Shep/Tali, at least ungodly in comparison to other M!Shep pairings? I like Tali, but I'm kinda tired of her after all this.

8. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Just go over and take a look at Bioware's Forum... Last I saw there was something like 200 pages on her in one thread on the first page...

9. Atomic Lightning-bug

Atomic Lightning-bug Second Year DLP Supporter

The general consensus seems to be that Tali is the only worthwhile romance to pursue. Add also the fans "hinting" at Bioware to make her romance-able ever since ME1, and it's kind of expected.

But for every Shep/Tali, there are 2 fShep/Thane and 5 fShep/Garrus. The market is currently saturated with half-baked xenophilia. It'll be awhile before the good stuff starts to surface.

On topic,

Spectre
    , by Caine was one I've been following on space battles.

10. Vesvius

If anyone cares, I've started a C2 for my favorite Mass Effect fics. Right now, it's only at 5 fics, but I expect it to grow once I read more.

Here's the link.

Spectre looks intresting, but I just haven't had the time to read it yet. Thanks for the rec!

11. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  12. J22

J22 Seventh Year

It seems to me that ME has alot of crossover potential. Anyone know of any good ones?

13. ketz3r

ketz3r Second Year

One Purpose Halo/ME Off to a pretty good start. Shepard and Co. find the Forward until Dawn floating in Space. Not exactly original but it's reasonably well written and it appears to be Tali/Shep which is always a plus.

J22
  14. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Peptuck has the first few chapters of a Command and Conquer/Mass Effect called Renegade going. So far it's been like a slightly altered version of his Graveyard Shift, but he says it'll end up a bit differently. Serves as a spiritual sequel to his Tiberium Wars novelization as well.

There's also Conduit by Sith Lord Darth Revan, which crosses over Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect and uses the same version of Darth Revan as The Power Of Choice and his other stories. It seems to me that Revan might be overpowered for ME with the Force and lightsabers and somewhat more advanced tech at his disposal, but we'll see.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    J22
  15. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

:D This I like. Too bad only 4 chaps.

16. Atomic Lightning-bug

Atomic Lightning-bug Second Year DLP Supporter

Another couple of recs, both a bit different from the norm...

Interstitium
    by AssaultSloth is one that I've been looking out for. Updates have been rather steady.

ME 1: The Dark Wings of a Black Sun by Tharagon is a fun one, and it really picks up in the last few chapters.

17. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Was just about to recommend Interstitium. That one is awesome. And probably the only fic I've found with a POV from EDI.