1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Medicinal Lullaby by Shivakashi - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Synchro, Dec 17, 2008.

1. syphfire

syphfire Squib

You know, this really isn't where I pictured making my first post after lurking for so long, but that's how it goes.

Are you telling me you honestly believe that a women wrote a male/male story before a dude wrote a female/female one?

And given that definition of a slash fanfic, can you honestly say you haven't enjoyed one?

To back up GMM, Greek literature was littered with plenty of guys getting it on with each other. Hell, that was a standard, accepted part of their culture. Women weren't even taught how to write, let alone being allowed to make up ideas of their own.

I'm still sticking with the story - the action scenes were just too much fun for me to give up on it. And the author has said we're heading back towards action, so it seems as if happy times roll around again. 3.5/5 from me at this stage, let down by the middle dragging slightly.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Updated again, another let down in that this chapter is like the previous ones in that it's more about character interactions and internal thoughts than anything else.

Next chapter shows a great amount of promise though, so if I were you and were hanging on the edge with this story, I'd wait until the next chapter to decide whether to drop it or not.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It did have genin teams being mauled by large animals though, which was amusing.

4. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Indeed it was. If the next chapter proves to be as epic as I think it will be, life will be good. I just hope we arent left on any crappy cliff hangers in the middle of the fight.

5. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I wouldn't hold my breath, cliff hangers abound. Seems like this chapter was a way to buy some time to finish the next chapter. It impresses me how fast she can write all this in the time she has.

The only good part in this chapter was Sakura being told to stay out of the fight, but I can see that occuring in canon where she says 'I'll come with you' and he says 'No, I am going to kill him' after he finds out he has join Akatsuki.

6. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

I...dont know how I feel about this chapter. I honestly feel let down. It wasnt nearly as epic as I was expecting. Blah.

7. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Whatever, Sasuke is dead.

8. liath

liath Seventh Year

I rather liked this chapter. Gave justice to all characters. It added depth to Sasuke. And it was epic all the same. Although, I do wonder how things will turn out since Naruto has apparently lost his Sage chakra connection, at least temporarily.

I'm rather glad that it wasn't like Pain's battle. After all, no matter what, Sasuke doesn't measure up to the likes of Pain.

9. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

The chapter was both good and a disappointment.

Good in like he said, it added more depth to Sasuke's character and he finally died, killed by Sakura no less.

Disappointment because the fight ended up being only two moves, a short taijutsu exchange and then Sasuke's monster Ameterasu wave. Didn't really like how Naruto was in the end, though it does fit in with his characterization in this story.

10. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Sakura killing Sasuke was the most fucked up part. I still don't feel that she has grown as a person, I can't see why she could change so much it isn't like anything happened to her.

Now she is suddenly this girl who wants to be a step-mother, I can sense a Cinderella like story if the bitch marries Naruto and has two little half sisters for mini-naruchan.

11. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

She's a grown fucking woman. That's what happened to her.