1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

META MAFIA - Episode I: Slumber Party || Concluded [FEMME NATION Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Clearly a Witch.

2. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Aye. I have only ever played werewolf on IRC.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Elect Galpal: Anya

Now I'm going shopping. Later dudettes.

Uhm, I'll totally bring back cookies or something. This is a slumber party after all.

4. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Yeah, I'm gonna go with Anya. What would you name your Gay BFF, Anya?

Elect Galpal: Anya

5. Anya

@Ashaya: Calz? Looool.

Oh lool. Now I want a Calz Gay BFF.

@Cheddar: Marshmallos and chocolate syrup, please. I'm going to vote for you!

Elect Galpal: CheddarTrek

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  6. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

Two girls immediately voting for Anya... must remember their name :p

Anyway, I've just woken up, and have to go to school for the next 13 and a half hours, so I'm sorry, girls. Regarding the gay BFF... my role isn't the important one, but I have low intuition and low experience in Mafia game, what with two times playing and two times losing. I'd say I want the gay BFF, but probably there are some of you who are better choices than me. I'd hold my vote until I get back from school so... see you later!

Oh and Cheddar, bring the cookies! XD

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

All I know is, I do not want to be gay BFF. I have relatively little idea what's going on at the moment, and would rather keep it simple as possible till I get a hang of this game.

On one hang I want an experience player to be the Gay BFF, but many of you guys have kicked ass and I don't trust you. :p

8. Ash

Rofl, Calz BFF :D :D

I will keep my vote on you.

---------- Post automerged at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Also, Lindsey, we are choosing the galpal, who has a rad Gay BFF named ____.

Just clarifying.

9. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Oops, I fell asleep.

There is no reason besides not having an important role! Only reason I want it is that if I have it then at least I know that the BFF hasn't gone to the witches, and I'm a viable option to recieve it since you won't lose much if I'm killed.

As for using it - I have had a fairly good track record of figuring out who is scum and who isn't. So I don't mind having it on that front either.

But the only criteria I'd vote on, really, would be if the candidate looks innocent or not - and I don't think however well a player does is important compared to not letting witches have it.

Personally I find newer players the hardest to read, and girls much harder to read than males. (Lawl. This might be such a bad game for me. <__>)

@Anya: Ahaha, Calz as the BFF is brilliant. Before I start choosing anyone, though, would you actually be okay with being assigned the BFF?

...I like Little Knee as an option, too.

10. Anya

@Palindrome: I think it would be really cool, but I don't really mind either way. Little Knee is a good option, if I hadn't voted for Cheddar already I would vote for her. I need to not jump into the voting so quickly. Haha.

We mustn't let the witches get the BFF. BUT I CAN'T TELL WHO IS EVIL OR NOT. I is bad at this game, I can tell already.

What are the meta signs of witchyness? Ashaya tried to explain it to me but it hurt my head. I should get Irene to explain. Haha.

Then again... Little Knee is sort of shifty. :p

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  11. Ash

I'll try again, for the fun of it.

'Meta' signs of witchyness would be my tendency to lurk when I'm scum.
    A regular sign of witchyness, which is more helpful to us in this instance, as a lot of you haven't played mafia before, would be witches voting together, bandwagoning onto certain lynch targets. Of course, as I mentioned before, the typical argument against that would be 'witches wouldn't be that dumb/obvious'. Then we get the argument against THAT, which is that perhaps the witches would gamble on us thinking that no witch would be that dumb, thus making us think that they would distribute their votes to different people, never being in any one group together, while they are in fact just voting together. And so it continues in a neverending circle of OH GOD WHO THE FUCK DO I TRUST.

Yup. Hurts my head too. That's just one sign of scum, though one that I find to be the best indicator.

Anyway, I think it'd be interesting to see what all of you think are good strategies at figuring out scum. A nice way to get some conversation going, at least.

12. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Well, the witches already know who all the players are, especially in games like this where there's only two factions. Put simply: townies try to figure out who is who and witches try to persuade.

But something that helps me more than that is that I've had lots of experience as mafia, and not much as town - mafia try to remain as inconspicuous as possible, which seems to be the more effective tactic, or they try to lead the other players and take control of the game if they're Kai.

Another good tell is people offering insight into whatever they are thinking about. So scum might end up giving small hints away when they examine how the scum faction might react and how they'd end up thinking. Similarly, townies often do the same but with their roles, which is a bad thing especially when we're in a game with Soup/Spiking. Try and not do that, guys. D:

---------- Post automerged at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

@Ashaya: hmm, I don't think scum bandwagoning is a great indicator either. Certainly, when I was scum we always took care not to vote together. But getting a bandwagon might be a more effective scum tactic.

Another read is that scum are often not the ones to start bandwagons but they try to encourage ones against people not in their faction and follow them to encourage them.

13. Anya

Hahahaha. All very confusing and awesome.

14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm terrible at reading people's roles, but pretty much what Ash said. Scum tend to band together and indirectly support one another. Some, especially newbie scum, may panic or accidently reveal signs of their allegiance when one of their members gets bandwagon-ed. Once you get a scum group on the run, it's easy to get the rest.

15. insectamantidae

insectamantidae Professor

I tend to think that people who make quick decisions about things tend to be scum, or new. They also tend to persuade more than others...

Plug in or find another power source... dammit.

16. Vira

High Score:
    Oh, insecta reminded me. You can tell who's scum by the way they switch lynch targets. No scum believes who they are trying to get lynched is guilty and therefore, they can easily switch to someone else when they find it more convenient. And like every liar, they may have trouble remembering their own reasons or motivations. It takes time and effort to root out scum, which is why I’m not good at it.

17. insectamantidae

Oh Hooray, Electricity!

How I love thee, let me count the ways

For thou art more beautiful than a dying sun, and more fair than celestial dust.

Shall I compare thee to a new set of lungs? Thou art more more useful and ...

and I'm running to Bed & Bath for more pillows. Anyone need anything while I'm out?

18. Vira

High Score:
    Insecta, can you get me a bottle of water while you're out? I'd drink the punch, but after some officials handed out pamphlets on the dangerous of leaving your drinks / punch unintended, I'm feeling a bit paranoid. <_<

Also, what are we doing with this gay guy? Should we just force him on Anya or what?

19. Anya

Noooo. You must drink the punch. I made it myself! Or maybe not.. since its what the strippers will be bathing in.

20. insectamantidae

okay -grabbing some Evian while I'm out...and some batteries. As for the gay bff....I'm torn. A part of me wants to foist off the gay Bff on someone more experienced who will use them to defend our fashion sensibility. The other part of me is curious what a BFF will do for my wardrobe. I could really use a fashion update.