1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Midknight's Gauntlet of challenges, are YOU good enough?

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Midknight, Jun 2, 2005.

1. danfiel

danfiel Guest

I don't want to write any of those, but I could give a decent idea for an Azkaban!Harry.

Azkaban has become one of the Dark Lord's outposts some time during Harry's Hogwarts years (sixth to seventh year). Harry graduated and was immediately drafted as an apprentice in a special Elite Auror force. The war by this time had become a brutal stalemate where both sides can't get a decisive victory. In an attempt to sway the favor towards the Ministry the current Minister (some strong and powerful strategist personality) sends the Elite Aurors to recapture Azkaban. Harry, as an apprentice, also gets to go. The battle is won but many die. Among the presumed dead was Harry Potter. The surviving Death Eaters are then detained in Azkaban with Auror guards. With Harry's obnoxious stream of bad luck, he gets stuck in Azkaban as a prisoner. Since now it is only guarded by Aurors, it would be easy for someone who trained among the elite to escape. He does and starts a vengeful streak for his temporary sabbatical at Azkaban. Then it becomes a Dark!Harry where he has a list of people he has to kill and at the top his to-kill list is the Minister. He becomes an unknown factor in the war and is finally labeled a Dark Lord (due to his remorseless killing of the innocent who get in his way). The wizarding world then has to contend with two Dark Lords.

This is as far as I could go. Anyway, this idea might be a sucker but I haven't seen anything like this yet.

2. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Hum... what about doing the cliche, but knowing they are cliche and twisting it just right? i am thinking mostly about old fics where the emancipation is actualy important, where his money causes more problem than not, and so on. I don't think using a cliche is bad per se, it is about how we do it. there are lots of independant fics that are horrible, and the few that are not are all the more impressive for it.
    of course, it may be safer just not to use the cliche at all :)

3. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Currently I have a plot bunny for a fic, were Harry gets hit by an A.K by a death eater (not telling who yet), since Harry can only be killed by Tom, Harrys body deteriorates, making him almost demon like, he then feels a great hunger within him, escapes hogwarts ( kept there by Dumbly) and kills and sucks the soul of a bat, which in turn gives him wings ( he can properly use them, thinks Raziel from the Soul Reaver series)

Harry then works out that if hes going to become fully human, hes going to have to consume enough souls, he decides to use his new body to attack Death Eaters, consumes their souls, little realising that he is turning more and more dark because of the souls he has sucked

When he is finally 'human', he returns to hogwarts to retrieve his wand, decides to stay to destroy the future of the wizarding world, and pick up a select group of followers himself.

What do you guys think? Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated, fic will begin this summer

Middy, you likey?

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Fucking A I do.

It'd have to be something more then just a bat, like an ancient vampire or something, just a simple single bat seems strange.

I'd love to see this

5. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I got a question..this demon like body wont be able to use magic will it? Beause if it can use magic then whats the reason for him to go back to his old body? I hope you do write this.

6. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I had previously thought of an ancient vampire, but then i would have to explain why Harry doesn't need to suck blood also, i was thinking maybe a Thestral or Dragon, how cool would it be to have 'Demon' Harry fight a dragon

And no, he wont be able to use magic, but Harry cant stand his new body, he likes the power he gets, but despises what hes become, basically a corpse

Writing will begin next week, im really looking forward to it

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Extrapolating on Xanatos' idea how about one where Harry gains the ability to absorb the powers of people/magical creatures - not their power, but their actual abilities. (like fire travel from a pheonix, become a metamorphmagus from Tonks, etc.) Haven't thought of how though, so that's up for discussion.

8. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

That's a Bery good idea Aekiel, i like that, but i fell my Harry will be too disgusted with himself to want to go round killing Innocent creatures, and once he has become a full human, he loses his soul sucking power, but i may add on powers other than just the wings, but we shall see, I'm actually planning to use this idea in the upcoming DLP summer challenge, and once I'm finished you or anyone else is welcome to have a shot at altering or modifying the fic into their own story (as long as its not tridented)

9. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Has anyone ever triend useing Fenrir Greyback as something more than a drooling idiot in their fics? Say, he bites Harry when HP is five, as Greyback does in cannon, and thus turns Wizarding Britain away from their former savior. Thus, HP goes under the wing, or claw in this case, of Fenrir. Just an idea.....

10. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

That idea Xanto has sounds a little like what the Creeper in Jeepers Creepers does, when it loses a body part, he devours the same part of another person, and it regrows. But I like his idea already.

11. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Jeepers Creepers was what I originally thought of with BatDemon!Harry. I think a Jeepers Creepers!Harry has excellent merit.

12. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

You must have been reading my subconcious, i knew i got this idea from somewhere, but couldnt tell where, but you and darthbill worked it out for me

I'm currently in italy (its very hot) and will begin wreiting when i get back, and this fic will be entered into the summer challenge, so look out!

13. Haunted Warrior

Haunted Warrior Fifth Year

Sorry if i'm bumping an old thread.

I may take up the Azkaban!Harry idea, as lately i've had an idea that refuses to go away.

I thought of having it set after HBP, where the Minister see's Harry as too much of a threat. So he decdides to use Dumbledore's death to frame him as a Death Eater. Using the fact that Harry has used Crucio before, he wins over the public. This makes the Ministry look like they are fightiing against the Death Eaters. However, Harry is found innocent a couple of months later. But the damage had been done. Cold and ruthless, Harry had been driven insane by the Dementors who had stayed at the Ministry after hearing of the souls they would be fed. When he is released, Harry has only one thought in mind. Revenge, but he doesn't know who against. So he makes evryone pay the price.

I'm not sure of taking the idea up though. I'll try it and if I think it's decent, i'll work on it.

14. Inexistence

Inexistence Seventh Year

I sorta think that is the basic idea of lots of cliched Azkaban!Harry stories, except they aren't normally Post-HBP.

15. Haunted Warrior

Sire Raven, he is usually sane because of the fact he's innocent. And plus, most of the time it's on some really dodgy evidence that he gets sentenced. And my one is going to be extremely insane. Insane enough to put the Joker out of Batman to shame. I think it was Joker who gave me the idea anyhow.

16. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, but Sire Raven has a point, the general idea itself of 'harry goes to azkaban innocent--->harry goes insane--->Harry wants revenge' is pretty cliché. It might work out better for you if you had some sort of twist; if you based him on the joker you could make him become an annonimous killer, or a hitman, before becoming the bigboss of crime himself and leading the underground or something, rather than him going around and killing anyone who 'wronged him'.

Or if you really wanted him to seem like the joker, you could make him kill of anyone who wronged him one-by-one, rather than all at once. That way, he could be truly insane and instead toys with the order and completely terrifies them by hunting them all down.

I think that sort of twist might make the story more appealing and more original, it also means you wouldn't have too much compitition, since your the first person to do this type of story.

and btw, Mid said in another thread that bumping stickies was OK.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  17. Haunted Warrior

Yay! And cheers for the ideas. I have decided that i'll write it once my brother gets off the decent computer. *Glares at him*

I'll have to think of some interesting things to say like the Joker. But i've already got enough death thoughts. I blame fics for my obsession with kitchenware. I already have several ways to use them :D

18. Doxkid

Doxkid Backtraced

i think i may write a fic soon. How does a
    Voldemort kills harry (Post HBP even though i hated that damned book), but thanks to and i quote "the power of love" he has for the whore, he doesn't die. With his love out of the way and his soul stuck between physical and spiritual he gets increased power every time he kills as the souls journey past his. Thus, he compulsively kills people while fighting the demon-like part of him. Eventually, he is fused with it and kills voldemort. Problem. He can't contain the massive amount of power thanks to the prophecy being completed and is forced to slingshot himself into the past to avoid complete destrution. There he has to ride shotgun with his past self. In the middle of first year he accidentally kills a bird and finally become the evil harry he once was. Thanks to the souls he absorbed he can fight to obtain bank accounts of death eaters, and order members alike. then he gets the sorcerers stone and all hell breaks loose.

What is a bump?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  19. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

A bump is when you post in a thread that has been ignore for a while, which causes it to go to the very top of the forum list. It's quite annoying to any members who have been here for more than two weeks to just suddenly find a thread that they've read/commented on/flamed to suddenly be shoved in their faces again, so it's general hated among DLP. It's also called Necro Bumping (bringing back from the dead) or thread necrophilia ( the loving of dead threads). Anyways, the general idea is that if a thread hasn't been commented on for over one or two weeks, then its readable but shouldn't be posted in (unless it's a sticky because that's at the top of the forum list anyway).

As for your idea, I think it could work, but it would take a lot of explanation (why the hell would harry still live just because he has ginny close by) unless you made it so that she was so obsessed with him that she made some crazy ritual to prove her love, that ended up tieing harry to her plane, so that as long as she was alive, he couldn't die. Sort of like a screwed up love-horcrux.

The idea of making evil harry come back in his first year wouldn't be a bad idea, but i think it might be a bit easier if it waited for a few years, maybe with harry having a few strange, dark tendancies during them. This is simply because i find it hard to believe that anyone would take an eleven year old dark lord seriously. You could make it so that one of his dark tendancies was to steal the stone, but not use it, and say to dumbledore that it was destroyed, and th evil-shotgun!harry could somehow protect the information from reaching dumbledore. In my opinion, it's a lot easier to take a fifteen year old dark lord seriously, than one who hasn't evil lost all his teeth yet.

20. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Well... I was thinking of going the other way with the whole Azkaban (I refuse to use the exclamation mark since I don't get it) idea.

Instead of getting framed and betrayed and whatnot, what do you think of Harry commiting a premeditated murder with the intention of getting inside Azkaban?

The story starts in mid-seventh year, so that the change in Harry's character is accounted for.

After lounging in a dead Dumbledore's undefended pensieve, Harry comes across a memory of Dumbledore going to Azkaban, and deduces that a Fidelius Charm conceals the majority of the island. Dumbledore has an appointment with the island's Steward, who happens to be a sadistic immortal that is bored with his petty misdeeds. During the course of Dumbledore's memory, he learns that the most miserable person that has ever lived can take the throne of Azkaban, the island closest to hell and which is the key to obtaining the power needed to kill Voldemort.

So, Harry wonders how to get to Azkaban, and comes up the obvious. He locks himself in the Hogwarts dungeons, and brutally slaughters every Slytherin. He uses the trial to make himself the most miserable person that ever lived, seeing everyone betraying him.

Again, the seemingly cliche everyone turning against him thing is turned on its head, since Harry manipulates them against him, and experiences the emotion that qualify him for Azkaban's throne.

The moment he's locked in a cell and the guards leave, letters appear in the air, similar to a letter that Secret Keepers write to bring people into the secret. The Dementors and wardens bow to him as he walks through the corridors and systematically massacre the bewildered Aurors on guard as he goes to meet the Steward.

So, as the newly christened Lord of Azkaban and with a fledgling army of Dementors and a legion of ageless vassals, he wages war against Voldemort's Death Eaters.

I really, really like Dumbledore dead, and a way of getting around the Horcrux Hunt that would be necessary in a post HBP story is having the Steward suggest Harry utilize his new position to negotiate with an Earl of Hell, who for kicks destroy all fragments of Voldemort's soul except the one in his body.

However, in exchange, he has to give up a crucial piece of his own soul. Damaged as he is, he ignores the fact that he for all purposes manipulated his friends into turning against him and also pursues war against them too.

In the end, he's reduced the entire Wizarding World of Britain to nothing, and is the first person that greets them when they walk into hell.