1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mimefia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 20, 2016.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Notice how he calls me out as soon as I point toward unsavory behavior if he's actually from a town POV? Glides right on by Rubicon and Newcomb also prodding him. If this was a regular game I'd be calling OMGUS. So much Mathblade.

And let me roll the dial back a little further and point to tom's #60. Specifically, "I'm also fully on board with a font lynch. She's genuinely trying to solve the game.
    Vote fonti"

Emphasis mine. Let's for a moment assume that Fonti is actually trying to solve the game for the sake of this argument. You'd rather silence a powerful voice for the town, who can help unravel who the Mimes might be, than let her take her chances along with the rest of us of being NK'd? Yeah, the purpose of both sides is to die, but only the Mimes actually require a lynch for victory.

Now lets look at the view that Fonti is a Mime(and so are you). By helping push her lynch going through there is now one less scum to contend with and therefore they're one step closer to winning the game.

[​IMG]

Tom, lay out what makes Fonti so herpaderpduper!Town in your humble opinion?

As for buddying, I think you've got your wires crossed. At what point have I argued for your lynch? I believe you're looking for bussing, and after Titus I've got a clear recollection of just what bussing looks like.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I don't want Zenzao to die ever. Brook is the best and he just does not stop spamming brook gifs.

Sadly he is town so we have to kill him soonish.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was gonna say, Zenzao is a pretty good Day 1 lynch if we can't kill the witch.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting."

― Franklin D. Roosevelt

5. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

It's hard to post something useful from work.

I like Zenzao, I kind of like Rubicon and newcomb. I don't like Tom, citrus, or Jan much.

I'd rather not lynch Font today. I feel Zen is a good fall back lynch, but he's also doing work.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

"Voting is the expression of our commitment..."

― Sharon Salzberg

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    This is pure having fun jan.

Town: jan seems town to me.
    Scum: Buddying jan (no one saw that coming)
    Actual: tiny hunt reference!

TIA

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

“There's just something obvious about emptiness, even when you try to convince yourself otherwise. ”
    ― Sarah Dessen, Lock and Key

---------- Post automerged at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

The plan is after last games burying Jan didn't work we are buddies now?

I dig it.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yes, this. Everyone who wants to lynch me is a mime. Everyone.

Rubicon, how do you feel about being lynched?

Tom, how do you feel about never being lynched, ever?

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Just out of curiosity, is this how you are going to post every time in this game?

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Bussing is a thing with mimes, yes?

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

"When you have expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment."

― Ryan Reynolds

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm not all that thrilled about Citrus and his quotes. What's up with that? o_O

fontisian seems to be town (ish?), but based on the one past game I had with her... I'm not putting my bets on that. Kinda like d1 lynching her though. If she's town, then well at least we accomplished something, and if she's scum, then... better her than someone else. I could never understand what she does in mafia.

Not gonna vote until later though. Still trying to get to know some of the people I haven't played with before.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Can you explain the bolded part please.

What is your thought progress here?

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jan Based on the one game I played with her, she's much, much better than I could ever hope to be, and is the player that I'm wary of the most, in this game. (Although this is also due to the fact that I've only played with about 1/3 of the people here.)

---------- Post automerged at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Oh, and by someone else, I mean the other mime or a potentially easier townread down the line.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The thing is .. if she is a hard read then you should want to eliminate her later on.
    you kill easy townreads first because otherwise the mimes kill them in the night.

if you have no idea about her, killing her is basically the worst thing to do in any world.

if she is town then she would be of more use alive.
    if she is scum you are unlikely to know who her partner is because she would be more likely to fool you.

I don't get your progression here at all.

---------- Post automerged at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

The right way to play this kind of game is to kill the most obvious town first.

maybe even hide some other sure townreads you have so the mimes can't just kill in order of high townreads and have to guess on what you are thinking.

once we fuck up and kill a mime we can evaluate from there.
    if we don't hit a mime on the first few days then later on you will have the harder reads left to talk and solve the game.

that is how we as town should play the game in my book.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm not a hundred percent sure I'm following you either.
    Mimes have to shoot n1, n2, and n3. They're going to shoot easy (easier) townreads either way.

My "idea" about her is town(ish), but I'm not willing to bet anything on that. I'm also not lynching her right now, but simply putting that as my number one option at this very moment. Whatever happens we don't want to wind up with a tie vote, and so far she's the only real vote that's even got a hint of a wagon.

I'm in agreement with you somewhat that she would fool me if she were scum, If she were town then we'd have to lynch her eventually. And the problem for me is that I can't read her well enough (read: at all) so if both of us survive until the later stages of the game, I'm more likely to be inherently suspicious of her than anyone else.

If there's flaws with that please point them out. I'm still rather new to the game and am trying to pick things up as I go. Thanks.

18. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

If you had the choice would you still lynch the witch over Zenzao?

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

1) And us killing the most obvious town(s) is still the way to go to make their nightkill choice harder.
    Killing someone that you have no idea how to read first just makes no sense.

2) I am fairly certain that we will be able to vote for some obvious town by the end of the day and don't have to lynch someone who might be a fairly good asset as town and least valuable kill if scum that most people can't read anyway.

While on the topic ..

Already townread you, might as well vote for you

Vote: Zenzao

20. Delphine

Delphine First Year

~Votal 1.02~

[3] fontisian ~ Snowvon (#36), Citrus (#39), tom (#60)
    [2] Zenzao ~ Rubicon (#76), Jan (#99)
    [1] Citrus ~ Newcomb (#15)
    [1] Rubicon ~ fontisian (#27)

[6] Not Voting ~ Atum, Fishy Justice, his Fluffiness, miner11121, Riley, Zenzao

With 13 alive, it's 10 to hard lynch!

Deadline is at Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 7:00PM PST/10:00PM EST. Plurality lynch occurs at deadline, and in the case of a tie, a random mime is lynched.

Daily Post Count
    ≥5: Citrus, fontisian, Jan, miner11121, Newcomb, Rubicon, Snowvon, tom, Zenzao

Previous Votals:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016