1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Uh.
    This restarted? When and how. Luckily I check the forums in the middle of the night :<

So, it looks like Ashaya is the one. I mean, she has to, if I'm not, doesn't she?

2. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Game over town wins!

Yay.

---------- Post automerged at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Obs:
    http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/b6DjWSSRyb8gf

---------- Post automerged at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

I'd like to thank everyone whose supported me to get to this point, wait... I did it all myself. Never mind, no thanks to anyone else.

As an aside, Eido is such a slacker so clearly it was up to me to provide this great finish. You're welcome.

3. Sesc

... wow. I seriously got no PM, jwlk. If I didn't happen to be awake at 3 fucking AM, I would've woken up dead. Lovely (not). :|

Other stuff:

Two rather disappointing notes to an otherwise fun game.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Well, i sent it :(

I sent yours first I believe. My pm box doesn't save sent messages though, apparently, so we'll never know.

Maybe it would have been better to wake up dead >_> You couldn't have stopped it anyway.

5. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Congrats town on your win. I am super sorry to my team who I let down with being completely MIA when I was actually needed. Good job Sesc in lasting until the end.

I had a great time playing with everyone for the time I could actually play!

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Nice game everyone. Thanks for modding Eido.

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

In answer to Sesc in his QT: This was horrible.

This was pretty bad too, both in hindsight and not, although for different reasons.

Anyway, weird yet fun game. I feel bad I had to get replaced (sorry Sesc ;)) but real life is a bitch some time. My thanks to Eido (and jwlk :sherlock:) for modding.

8. Sesc

Well, as I said. There's nothing to take back, and I'd post that again, regardless of whether I'm Mafia or Town -- because I was legitimately pissed off. As such, it's rather useless as a scumm-tell. And voting for LochNess was one of the more brilliant things I did in the game, actually.

9. fontisian

Your dilemma about killing me is hilarious.

---------- Post automerged at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Actually, what's funny is my town read on you was partially based on you targeting Kalas and Raps instead of me, since I was fairly sure that you picked up on my blatant hints.

10. Sesc

Back when you said you knew why no one got killed that one night, yeah. We weren't sure there was a doctor first, based on meta mechanics from the last game, but that post was basically IM A DOC LOOK AT ME. Which was why the thread stared when Whooves (I think?) wondered what you were or why there was no kill, I forgot which.

Actually, I wanted to commend you, though. I gather this was your second game? You played well, in any case. Especially your analyses; I know how much work it is to go through the thread, gather all the quotes and write up a post. One hour is nothing.

So thanks for your effort, posts like yours are what keeps the game together.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Obs was hilarious. Shoulda just trusted my gut on that Sesc post >.>

12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Fixed that for ya.

13. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

I regret nothing.

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Leaving the rest of the LochNess-bus post aside, your vote had an eager quality to it that made it suspicious. In "real" time, you gave the impression you were scum trying to jump a townie who already had two votes out of the five needed (the fact you acknowledged the dog-pile possibility in that same post and then shrugged it off without explanation made it worse). In hindsight (i.e. with your last-minute vote on Kalas and the knowledge that LochNess was scum), its eagerness firmly pointed in the direction of a distancing bus.

Anyways... I want to play. Someone start a game. Now. :colbert:

Please?

15. fontisian

Thanks Sesc.

16. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

So, congrats and stuff to town (and in turn me, yay!) for the win. I don't think, I contributed too much but meh, it was my first. So, I want to thank Eido (and jwlk? :p) for hosting the game.

17. I m i g h t run a tinyhunt, since I've become so familiar with the setup running it is like second hand to me now.

ANYWAY the balance this game probably could have used some fine tuning. A rolecop and godfather is not really enough power to deal with two potential cops (and vigs) along with a doctor added into the mix. It was mitigated somewhat by the fact the full cop died night one but the Stojilkalas slot more than made up for that.

But I don't think it was balance that lost the game for scum as much as it was just flat not taking some opportunities presented to them - the big one that came to mind was Castiel watching, slackjawed, as the hammer handed to him slipped out of his grasp and nailing either him or lochness on the noggin day 3 or so. By that point with how things were going with The Joker role sesc just couldn't work fast enough to pull out a win - although bouncing two kills off someone they should have known was likely to be protected after the first bounced kill iiiiis something they should have planned for.