1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Mini Mafia #3

A Random Mafia

Peppercorns dance in the tears of the peaches as the tapdancing goblin shines the rubber nose of the coke faucet.

The world is torn asunder and only removing the randomness from within can save it.

Or something.

Let's play mafia.

It's time for...

Randomness!

Rules, Statements, and Other Things!

1. Days will last 72 hours. Nights a maximum of 24 hours. Nights may be shortened if all relevant Night Actions are locked in in time!

2. Everyone has a Quicktopic. Do not copy/paste anything into the thread directly from your Quicktopic. You may ask me questions in them! I may not be able to answer them, but you can certainly ask.

3. This is a Closed Setup. No, the role list will not be posted. No, I can't tell you how many Town there are, how many Mafia there are, or if there are any Neutral roles. No, I can't tell you how many Vanilla Town there are, or even if there are any! Alignment, Roles, and Flavor will reveal on death!

4. There are no game ending jester roles, traitors, or bastard modding. What you see is what you get.

5. Lynch Votes! Lynch votes in this closed setup have two parts - Hard Lynch, and Soft Lynch. When someone reaches Hard Lynch, they die. THERE ARE NO DEADLINE VOTES. If a target is at Soft Lynch when the deadline occurs, then the target dies. Hard Lynch will be the majority of voters, with Soft Lynch less than that. If multiple targets are at Soft Lynch, the target with the highest amount of votes dies. Ties result in NO LYNCH.

Lynch votes may be any format you want, but make them stand out, please! A bolded Lynch: PlayerName, Vote: PlayerName, or Vote Player: PlayerName all works fine.

6. Mass claiming early in the game will not benefit town. I don't advise doing it! Attempting to decide if people are town or scum based on the flavor or role that they claim has the potential to end badly, as well! Use your best judgement.

7. The only place game discussion may take place is in this thread, and your QuickTopics. Stay true to the spirit of the game, please!

8. Please do not post in the thread during Night phase!

9. Do not fake Daytime activations! There may or may not be abilities that exist, but faking them leads to modkill.

10. Do not edit posts in the thread for any reason. Use a doublepost if need be - they will automatically merge. Or just live with your typo of shame.

11. Respect your fellow players!

12. And above all, have fun! This is not optional.

Livelist!

Bill Door
    Castiel
    Fenraellis
    Fontisian
    Jwlk
    Kaemrynn
    Kalas
    Moridin
    Riley Poole
    Rubicon
    Sesc
    Uncle Stojil

With 12 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Day One Ends in 72 Hours!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The purple swallow refrigerated magnanimously.

Am i doing it right?

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Game on bronies! Valar morghulis!

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Vote Kalas

Why must all men die? Are you going to kill them? Mafia are the ones who kill people.... Are you mafia? That thought is not very apeeling.

Valar Dohaeris.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote jwlk

Mafia are not the only ones who kill in mafia.
    I've clearly caught you in a lie.

6. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Only the mafia find joy in killing, though. All men must die implies he wants to kill everyone. Does that sound like a towny thing to do?

Personally, I just want to mash the mafia from existence, and then go on living my life in peace.

Your defense of Kalas is duly noted though!

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Vote jwlk

He is wearing sunglasses, clearly he can't be trusted.

8. Koalas

High Score:
    All men must serve? So you're in service! As in an organization! Roles! Leadership! Townie qts meet on equal grounds. Only scum have leadership jwlk.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote Rubicon
    Tradition! Tradition!

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Hmm, so you're accusing me of being scum, yet not voting on it? Trying not to draw attention to yourself? Pretty spudsy, man.

Allow me to unvote

and Vote: Kalas, again... and with MORE FORCE.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Vote: jwlk

Gonna gangbang like it's '99.

12. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Winter is Coming?Or something.

13. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Votals:
    Jwlk (4): Rubicon, Bill Door, Uncle Stojil, Castiel
    Kalas (1): Jwlk
    Rubicon (1): Fontisian

Abstaining: (6): Fenraellis, Kaemrynn, Kalas, Moridin, Riley Poole, Sesc

With 12 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch.

14. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

Am I the lion that leads or the flamingo that follows?

15. Koalas

High Score:
    Bolding on my phones a bitch. Jokes aside that's five for jwlk, try not to put us at Hard Lynch in the first 24 hours.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

So... the standard 'vote for the first person that votes,' I see. I would have to check back on the previous games to see how legitimate a tactic that has been, but there is some sense of logic behind it.

vote:jwlk

Sorry, or something? Brought it upon yourself, really.

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

What the...

Unvote

Quick one just to be safe. Longer post incoming.

18. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Rescind Vote

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Vote: Fenraellis

Not even 24 hours have passed and you put us 1 vote away from a pretty random lynch and the early end of a day in which no discussion happened yet and a couple of players have yet to even show up. Not cool, man.

Kaemrynn's vote is kinda suspicious as well, as is jwlk ignoring all this, although it happened so fast he could have easily missed it.

Sesc: what do you think of this bandwagon?
    Moridin: build a case against 3 players, even if it's early and they're sort of baseless.
    Riley Poole: ask 3 people each a different question.

20. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Fenraellis. With the possible exception of 'apeeling', I really don't see how Jwlk brought this on himself. He's made a single post with a fairly random pseudoaccusation. That's no reason to bring us to the brink of a hard lynch, where a single careless (or even 'careless') vote could easily end day early.

Kaemrynn being the flamingo that follows is a little weird, more so because it came after Eidolonic's votal (which is an immediate reminder that this wagon is getting rather large). I could have overlooked the vote, possibly, if it had come before, but voting for someone who's already at soft lynch hardly adds anything and brings in needless danger.

Stojil, you yourself were one of the original votes for Jwlk. That might well have been a joke too, or even legit pressure, but you had to know that as a power player, you putting your vote in would encourage others to follow, especially with the use of the term 'gangbang'. And then you come in and 'save the day' from the runaway bandwagon that you helped create. Not conclusive at all, admittedly, but not entirely free from suspicion either.

I didn't exactly like how Eidolonic was subliminally trying to push us towards a hard lynch. Plus his signature is obviously anti-DLP. I've definitely got my eye on him.

Beyond that...

It's been 12 hours since Jwlk posted (and for the love of God, man, get that thing capitalised), but I'll give him a little more sleep/work/whatever time. Do want to hear his opinion on the wagon, however at the moment I can't see a reason to consider him anything more than unlucky.

Not sure if Fontisian's vote is a pressure tactic, an innocuous subject changer or an attempt at deflecting from the Jwlk bandwagon.

Kalas seems okay to me, he has the same question mark regarding the Jwlkwagon that Stojil does but the fact that he didn't actually vote (and that he and Jwlk have been having a back and forth) helps his case somewhat.