1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #4 - A Mafia Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Dislike Caesar's first post. Feels noncommittal and.. shaky.

Hate Lungs's #23 - classic IIoA.

I would really think FJ was scum for #24 - a whole lot of nothing.

Oh boy. More IIoA from Lungs.

guljon's first post pings my scumdar just a smidge.

Rents is similar to FJ and Lungs - lots of nothing in that post.

Lucky reads as newbtown to me.

I like font's first realcontent post - she picked up what felt wrong about guljons to me. Light town read.

Why does RENTS worry about being a NK target when he's always lurking? Also neutral hunting.

Lungs is really scumming it up with the noncommitalness.

!

How is Lungs aggressive when /he hasn't placed a vote yet/?

Rents #106 "tempted to put the lynch of Luckylee" why no vote?

Tempted to call a Sacrifice, Lungs, Rents scumteam now.

Rents's explanation feels overexplanatory re. his vote on font.

And DIDN'T HE SAY HE WANTED LUCKYLEE TO EAT THE BULLET?

GEE WHAT A SURPRISE

I like Lungs's "I'm going to ask you a loaded question" - lack of self-awareness. Still, that doesn't excuse his noncommital stance on everything.

I'm not a huge fan of Caesar's readslist - it's more of a summarization of what everyone has done so far.

Lungs's #137 contains baseless speculation about "if X is scum" which really does not do anything.

Wow, why is everyone posting readwalls? They're fine, but they're no excuse for lack of scumhunting.

To quote Sesc from BSM, Sesc and font are the only players with two eyes on their heads currently.

Lungs "Vira: pretty clear choice for scum" no vote. Lungs needs to burnnnnnnnnn. I have no idea why everyone's been townreading him.

Abstaining (1): Lungs

GEE WHAT A SURPRISE

fontisian getting in with the Smile tell from BSM. Good.

*skims over walls of nothing*

I like Caesar's case on Kalas - he's one of the few players actually scumhunting.

Why?

Lexicat makes my skin crawl.

@Lexicat: OOG question, but are you curiouscat?

Also kindly give me that thesis on why explaining town reads is bad.

Wish he/she can explain that read on Lungs.

*skims over font wall*

This is mostly OOG but I hate Lexicat's reasoning on not providing town reads.

Aaand sacrifice flips scum, where he clears like 3 players upon death due to unaligned pairs.

---------- Post automerged at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Alright, caught up.

Vira
    Fishy Justice
    Sesc

Prophylaxis

Kalas
    Caesar
    Fontisian

LuckyLee
    Lexicat

Rents

Lungs
    Sacrifice

I'm town.

Kalas and Caesar are confirmed due to roles.

Fontisian's majorly cleared due to the unaligned pairs with Sacrifice, as well as that confrontational pressuring on me yesterday - doesn't read at all like scum!font.

LuckyLee's newbtown - he had a couple of posts that made me raise my eyes but my gut's saying that he feels similar to Schrodinger in BSM.

Lexicat just makes my skin crawl due to the going against of the Sacrifice wagon. I really can't read him/her.

I noted Rent's scumminess in the stream-of-consciousness post above, but he's been lurking and throwing out lots of fluff.

Aaand Lungs is scum.

I'm fairly deadset on the Lungs/Sacrifice/Rents team, but I think we have this in the bag either way.

Kalas
    Caesar
    Fontisian

Prophylaxis
    LuckyLee
    Lexicat
    Rents
    Lungs

We lynch Lungs.

Kalas
    Caesar
    Fontisian

Prophylaxis
    LuckyLee
    Lexicat
    Rents

Scum shoot any one of those confirmed town, using Caesar as the dummy. Kalas shoots me, Lexicat, or Rents. Using myself as dummy.

Kalas
    Fontisian

LuckyLee
    Lexicat
    Rents

Lynch Lexicat and Rents... I think?

This plan screws up if Luckylee is scum. We need to clear someone from the Lucky/Lexi/Prophylaxis/Rents pile.

I know I'm town, so Rents/Lexi/Lucky will probably die from the PoE.

This is really all just paranoia speaking, and codetalk for "killing Rents probably ends the game".

---

Building case on Rents, should have it up tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Also I want to extend a vote toward pro-massclaim. It's likely that we have all of our PRs outed at this point and we can probably get the final scum to derp on flavor or something.

Vote Lungs

2. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

What's a curiouscat?

I'm a Curious Cat, but I'm not a curiouscat.

:3

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Well... I can't really confirm my role so there isn't much a point in claiming. But if I don't do it first scum will claim that I'm trying to false claim. They probably will anyways, but I'm Vanilla Town. I'll try to build a case against someone later when I'm not sleepy.

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Eidolonic: she wants to be the very best / like no one ever was / to unnerve us is her real test / to be unreadable is her cause

This post is so derpy.

Where did THIS POST come from with a VT mindset?

Also, what's up with the bolded? Who do you think is scum and why?

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lungs hurdped a derp

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    VOTE TALLY

Votals:
    Lungs (3): Caesar, Lexicat, Prophylaxis
    Caesar (1): Lungs

Abstaining (4): Fontisian, Kalas, LuckyLee, Rents

With 8 alive, it is 5 to hard lynch and 3 to soft lynch.

Time To End Of Day: 1 Day, 3 Hours and 17 Minutes.

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Note:

Effective immediately, Bitmyfinger replaces Fontisan.

8. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Yo Prophyl.

I'm a LambdaCat!

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Who? /10char

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    So I'm having issues using advanced reply which makes quoting a bitch :/ As for me saying I'm sleepy at 2 AM, I don't see how thats derby. Anyways- Lungs. Ceasar didn't post enough for me to really give anything conclusive, but we can verify his claim via kill or lynch which Kalas already said. If we Lynch Lungs and Kalas shoots Caesar, will his kill still go through if scum NK him?

As for Lungs himself, he applied light pressure on me at the beginning, than let up pretty quickly. When I posted something pretty similar to him, he got jumpy and applied pressure again because it made him/me look scummier, if I'm guessing correctly. Overall I'm hoping someone builds a better case and we don't end up having to kill a Town power role. For now I'll Lynch Vote : Lungs

11. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Hello! I'm reading the thread currently. So far, I am only sure of one thing: Rents is scum.

I have a few scenarios I am trying to think through.

Caesar's claim seems to be okay. His posts on Day 2 were rather pro-Sesc, but not overly conspicuous, which would point towards his role reveal being true.

I feel as if he is okay. I will do my best to post again with more, but for now I must ask a question.

For this 12 person game, how many people do you feel would be scum and third party?

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    3 scum 1 neutral. Thats what I would assume. So far there have been 3 vanilla town, Me Sesc, and Vira. I'm assuming there is probably 1 more vanilla town, and 4 town power roles. But mod gaming like that is usually considered bad :colbert:

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Case on Rents.

- He asks a question to guljons but never follows up on it. Asking pointless questions like the one he did is scummy because his question does nothing at all to catch scum. He also never follows up on it, which means that he doesn't really care about the question he's asking. He's asking that question to try to make it look like he's scumhunting.

- His question is also neutral hunting.

- Fencesits on Luckylee on #69.

- Never follows up on his second question to Sesc. Admittedly, Sesc never answers it, but that's even more telling - if Rents was town then he would try to bug Sesc on answering it.

- Says he's "pretty tempted to put the lynch on Luckylee" without voting him.

- Casts a bad vote on fontisian.

- #302 says he wants to lynch Lucky, Sesc, or Sacrifice, and never mentions fontisian again, even though he voted her on Day 1. He also doesn't vote either of those three.

- Names font as his strongest "town read" even though he voted her D1. He says that he's willing to lynch Lucky, Sesc, or Sacrifice, yet in his t/s list he lists ALL THREE in his null pile.

- Votes luckylee even though he has stronger suspects in Lexicat and Wetnurse.

- Throws a late bus vote onto Sacrifice, WHOM HE HASN'T SPOKEN TO AT ALL.

- Once again, his most recent posts shows scum suspects but he doesn't vote either of them.

Lynch Lungs, shoot Rents. Game should be over from that point.

Scum, feel free to concede now.

14. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vote: Lungs

G to the G.

I'm surprised I wasn't targeted D1. Really really surprised.

And pretty insisting that I knew that Fishy and Font were town beyond all reasonability in an attempt to get either of them to trip some current of town mobbery before I knew I was inevitably going to?

I mean, if I were three posts faster I'd been Fishy D1 - but he's got the fact that he's not scum going for him. I'd probably be heavily discouraged and it'd show.

I kind of saw the writing on the wall on D2. I didn't know what made me think it was a good idea to shoot Fishy.

I should have shot Font. Kalas killing Vira actually does more for town, because one vanilla conf from her means that the bullshit that I was spouting meant less and less.

That was the miscalc. I thought Vira would be lunched D2 but the Vig went off.

So there wasn't daychat this game, and that sucked.

But somehow Sacrifice made it looked like he was getting coached d2 anyway.

And then he dragged me down with him.

Like, I was already in not-so-good standing with anyone who would cast a more cynical eye on the game, imo - what people were saying in the thread besides.

So basically Sacrifice imploded, which was entirely fucking unnecessary. He also revealed some of my fucking rolecop info by accident, I think it was by accident, otherwise idk what the fuck type of stupid gambit he was trying for.

So he got lynched. I happily hammered him. I was like "fuck this, he's gonna get me killed.

Now here's where I start flailing.

I get it in my head that I have more time than I do, so instead of playing mafia like a responsible person, I decide to do work for class. That wasn't even fucking due yet.

Boooooooo.

So I was going to not shoot Sesc. I don't know why the fuck I shot Sesc.

I should have shot Caesar and tried to get Lexi lynched. In retrospect, Sesc had defended me just a bit in the thread, but just fucking enough so that Lexi or Luckylee might have been lynched instead.

That's not even with the hindsight knowledge that he was a fucking cop.

Caesar was a much better shot. He played so damn town.

But then some fucking idiot thought Sesc would be a good idea, and like an idiot I was like "lol k, he must have a plan".

Honestly...

call it a game. There's no way Rents isn't getting shot tonight.

Not after he posts to defend me after a fucking cop reveal and a pretty much foolproof plan.

Like scum tiers:

Vira
    Fishy Justice
    Rents
    Sacrifice
    guljons
    Sesc at some points
    Lungs
    everyone else.

this was such a fucking failure.

gg, I was outplayed. As I've said, I'm only mediocre at mafia, at best. :p

---------- Post automerged at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

basically the information missing from the n2 kill story is that I was given a warning to submit a kill and a check in "one hour", but I was already 3 hours late so I just immediately went with what rents said.

15. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

That's a wrap. Editing post with things soon.

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yay.
    /10char

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Would have expected Rents to be a one-shot bulletproof Godfather with the cop and vig, but whatever.

Good job, team.

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Whoo!

Nice job on replacing in Proph and BitMyFinger! And a thank you to Eido for the lovely game.

Lexicat: Sorry if I was overly harsh with you.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Also, I agree you with on this.

I played a game where everyone basically never explained their reasoning and did what I was doing with Kalas - reasonless votes hopping all around. They even kept doing it past the "get the reaction" stage.

Absolutely infuriating.

20. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Kinda scum move by Lungs to call the game without talking to Rents. Fine to breakdown on yourself, but don't bring your team down with you. Would have made the two-shot kill on Rents be more epic than GAME OVER GG!!!