1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #4 - A Mafia Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

At least we won't be twiddling our thumbs for 24 hours.

I could make half a dozen jokes, but glass houses and all. Very. Large. Glass. Houses.

2. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Much props to Sesc for taking the shit I left him with to a scum lynch.

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hey Eido can I please get observers QT?

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Game Over!

Another day draws to a close, and discussion in the ballroom is quite heated.

Eventually, someone connects the dots, and points an accusing finger towards Nicola's fiancee. Surely she was working with her husband-to-be, after all.

Cornered, she panics, and points at another man, proclaiming that he was the killer.

Everyone looks at each other, shrugs, and kills them both.

Yay.

Lungs has been lynched!

Rents has died!

The remaining inhabitants of the ballroom stand victorious, however bloody victory may have been.

They look around at each other, and are left to wonder - where do they go from here? Perhaps they would be best served leaving the Mafia in Mafiaville, and heading elsewhere.

Somewhere with less death and betrayal.

But they will return, they always do.

BitMyFinger, Caesar, Kalas, Lexicat, and Prophylaxis have endgamed!

Town Wins!

QT Links: http://www.quicktopic.com/share?s=R7EN

Town MVP: Caesar. Shout out to Sesc for playing well after replacing in, but Caesar was under virtually no suspicion, and played a solid game, including checking Lungs at an opportune time.

Scum MVP: lol.

Special Thanks: Sesc, Prophylaxis, Lexicat, BitMyFinger, for replacing in, and doing a good job. Two of the replacements were my own damn fault (and the reason they're my fault will be fixed for future games). Also a special thanks to the people who played the game through, and were active. Yay activity!

Design Thoughts: Scum were fairly powerful in this game, with a full rolecop and full roleblocker, to counter a moderately weak town. That was intended to help balance out the lack of late game scum chat, as hey only had it during the day for D1. Ended up tilting hard in town's favor, but that was likely due to mediocre scum play, and some decent town play than the setup itself. I do like the limited scum chat design, and may reuse it in the future!

~Fin

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

FTR, I thought that Sacrifice was probably the best scum player of the three. When I was skimming over his posts they looked at least fairly reasonable to me, and looked like he was really trying.

Sad part is that he was the nucleus of the mafia and when he flipped he autocleared like 3 townies, so lol.

@Eido: Is anyone else hosting the next Mini Mafia? I'd like to take a stab at hosting one of these myself.

I have hosting experience offsite that I can link you to.

6. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Please no, I like Mini Mafia BECAUSE they are his games

oh and Lungs knew full well that game was over and I wouldn't bitch

Awesome game town.

I want to apologize as towards the end I wasn't active enough, but I really enjoyed playing this game AND contributing more so I want to especially thank Eido for letting me play :3

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I feel like I learned a lot this game. Can't wait for the next one :nyan:

8. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Since I've been making fun of everyone in the Obs qt, player-by-player:

Caesar - Good check judgment, be a little more active/contributing if possible.

-

Fishy Justice - Gotta avoid those pressure implosions man.

-

Fontisian - Thank God, a non-modgamer. I'd mention the scumreads-on-Caesar thing but it's not entirely unjustified.
    - (replace) BitMyFinger; I liked the question you posed to Eid in the qt. Shame the game ended so fast.

-

Guljons -> Lexicat: Hmm. On the one hand, Luckylee didn't respond well to pressure. On the other hand, you kinda tunneled him.

-

Kalas - Hngh. Nothing stands out really either way, which is...okay. Really unmemorable for good or ill.

-

LuckyLee - Responding to lynch pressure in a more...measured... manner would probably be for the best. Providing a bit more in the way of insightful content would ensure less lynch pressure. Both of these in tandem would be ideal.

WITH THAT SAID: You actually made an effort to analyze the game in your qt. It'll get easier as you get more practice.

-

Lungs - Tee hee. Rolecop claim was iffy at best, but I think you knew that when you posted it. You were kinda wishy-washy about the d1 lynchwagons.

-

Rents -
    Eh. At least you tried. Probably should have been more active prior to Lungs being called out, and for future reference as scum Proph's case on you should tell you some of the things to not do.

-

Sacrifice - You started flailing when Sesc locked in on you. You gave an (unintentional) impression of being coached as well. Reversing on the guy trying to get you lynched is...probably not the best available option.

Like a lot of folks, really; just got to respond better when pressured.

-

TMNTurtwig -> Sesc - Too much metagame. With that said, caught Sac out and stayed on him. Made your inevitable demise meaningful. Probably deserve some sort of Town honorable mention mvp swag.

-

Vira -
    Er. What...happened on d1, exactly?

-

Wetnurse
    -> Prophylaxis - Run me through the thinking behind the entrance? It was pretty dynamic. If a bit wut.

Tried to keep this brief. If brevity overrode clarity, feel free to ask wtf I mean by something.

e: General Stuff
    1 - ROLECOPS EVERYWHERE
    2 - No daychat definitely makes the game more challenging for scum if they can't formulate responses on their own, but for those who can those responses are almost bound to be more...organic. If nothing else it forces the scum to think on their feet.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  9. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

His reactions and posting prior to then had me convinced. I'm prone to tunneling, that's fair, but it's rare a player like that lives very long. I would have been better off if we had lynched him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Firstly, apologies for being AWOL after my reveal: I was run off my feet. Anyway, personally I think Sesc deserves MVP- I tunneled too hard on Kalas to pick up on Sacrifice while Sesc played an excellent vanilla game. Beyond that, does anyone have any comments on my play? (Thanks Aurion, by the way). I'd really like to improve.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh. I tried to stay under the radar till I didn't have to anymore at which point the game was over.

12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

You were the most obvious town thing in this thread, which is excellent play for either alignment in almost all situations (as town you might want to tone down the town vibes if you want to live through the night sometimes).

13. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Yeah, I was terrified of being night-killed. Thanks Lexi.

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Yeah you did good. The only reason I thought you were suspicious was your tunneling on me. Thought scum!you had figured me out.

15. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Say, can anyone tell me how they would've actually answered Sesc's question about Fishy Justice protection target now the game is over?

---------- Post automerged at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

now that* /10char

16. Koalas

High Score:
    I'd quote Fishy's QT:

17. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Lol i just realised i was completely correct and Fishy DID protect me

18. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

And you killed me. You monster.

Thanks to Eid for the game.

19. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Thanks Eido :) The "no talking for scum" during Day Two did screw me up because I have no idea how to convey my thoughts to Lungs and Rents

20. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Definitely would have avoided saying FJ protected me, unless I were playing hyperstrongtown for some odd reason and it actually seemed plausible. Or I actually got a notice saying he did.

I'd have probably said that given how shitty his reads were, the only way I can see him getting lucky is if he used his protection on an Obvious Target (Sesc, fontisian, etc) and the Scum were their typical predictable selves.

-

Honestly, as either Town or Scum, I would not be willing to so easily argue this and relinquish the "Scum just said fuck it and shot FJ because protectionrole" path. The numbers would agree, given that fonti had lynchvotes day one and people were a little unsure about Sesc because TMNT messed up some.

Wouldn't be too hard to make an argument as Town that Sesc and/or fonti were left alive because the Scum think they're lynchable...or that one of them is Scum. That last bit would depend on my own reads ofc, and I can't say 100% since obs. *shrug*

As scum especially...I prefer to deal in at least half-truths as scum. So definitely no pushing the FJ Protection Theory in the face of literally no evidence he did.

-

And yeah, he did, which was pretty lol.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013