1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Firefly Mafia

Serenity is humped.

Deliberate sabotage, and the crew is stranded.

Who could have done such a thing?

Rules and Such!

1. Day phases will last 72 hours at a minimum. They may last slightly longer depending on when I start the Day, but there will be a timer letting you know exactly when the Day ends. Nights will last 24 hours at a maximum.

2. Everyone has a Quicktopic. Do not copy/paste anything into the thread directly from your Quicktopic. You may ask me questions in them! I may not be able to answer them, but you can certainly ask.

3a. This is a Closed Setup. No, the role list will not be posted. No, I can't tell you how many Town there are, how many Mafia there are, or if there are any Neutral roles.

3b. There may be vanilla roles!

3c. Roles, alignment and character name will be revealed upon death!

4. There are no game ending jester roles, traitors, or bastard modding. What you see is what you get.

5. Lynch Votes! Lynch votes in this closed setup have two parts - Hard Lynch, and Soft Lynch. When someone reaches Hard Lynch, they die. THERE ARE NO DEADLINE VOTES. If a target is at Soft Lynch when the deadline occurs, then the target dies. Hard Lynch will be the majority of voters, with Soft Lynch less than that. If multiple targets are at Soft Lynch, the target with the highest amount of votes dies. Ties result in NO LYNCH.

Lynch votes may be any format you want, but make them stand out, please! Lynch: PlayerName, Vote: PlayerName, or Vote Player: PlayerName all works fine.

6. Mass claiming early in the game will not benefit town. I don't advise doing it! Attempting to decide if people are town or scum based on the flavor or role that they claim has the potential to end badly, as well! Use your best judgement.

7. The only place game discussion may take place is in this thread, and your QuickTopics. Stay true to the spirit of the game, please!

8. Please do not post in the thread during Night phase!

9. Do not fake Daytime activations! There may or may not be abilities that exist, but faking them leads to modkill.

10. Do not edit posts in the thread for any reason. Use a doublepost if need be - they will automatically merge. Or just live with your typo of shame.

11. Respect your fellow players!

12. And above all, have fun! This is not optional.

Livelist!
    Aekiel
    Bill Door
    BitMyFinger
    Blab
    Caesar
    Fishy Justice
    Fontisian
    Lexicat
    Lungs
    Prophylaxis
    Riley Poole
    Sesc
    TMNTurtwig

With 13 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch

Timer for End of Day One

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote Rubicon

So, I've been reading mafia wikis to get some game play ideas, and I came across something I had never thought of before:

Just something to keep in mind after we get a few days in.

3. Eidolonic

Bzzzt.

Invalid vote.

4. fontisian

The rules say nothing about lynching people who aren't in the game. My vote is perfectly valid.

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Eido is clearly scummates with Rubicon.

5. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Lynch Eidolonic

I love you Big Brother.

6. fontisian

Unvote
    Vote: BitMyFinger

You sir, have failed to properly bold your vote. Allow me to demonstrate.

I do appreciate your support in my campagin to overthrow the moderating tyrant.

7. Eidolonic

Moderator Note:

I'd actually appreciate it if people could bold and color their votes this game.

It's not an official rule, but it'd make me doing vote counts significantly easier.

Whatever color you wish - as long as it stands out.

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote Aekiel

9. blab

blab Second Year

Vote: fontisian

Your campaign to overthrow the evil overmod is obviously just a ploy to earn sympathies from the oppressed players, so that those subconsciously value their emotional attachment to their champion more than the inevitable rational analysis that WILL show you are scum. Nice try, but I've seen through it.

If your sell out your teammates now you might live through the lynch.

BitMyFinger: Do you think fontisian is scum?

@everyone: If you were a doctor-role, who would you protect?

10. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Vote: Caesar

If you're gonna make me use a color, I'm always gonna use red~.

Speaking as someone who contributes to that wiki, and plays extensively on that site, day 1 massclaim is a shitty idea unless you have a REALLY good reason for it.

Basically, there are odd scenarios where it becomes viable, but they're very specific. The only non-specific scenario that I see on a semi-regular basis (and when I say semi-regular I mean like, maybe once in every 50 games) is some kind of role or setup knowledge that would make you want to lock people down into claims.

Even then it's not a fantastic idea, because in Mafia theory, since the scum are an informed minority, additional information will always benefit them more than it will town. You'd have to have a fucking stellar reason.

---------- Post automerged at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Better question, what information do you think you'll garner from this question?

---------- Post automerged at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Ooooh hold on, I might suck at reading, but I don't think it makes the statement better.

So I missed that font said "something to keep in mind for later days", because it's 6am and I have no brain.

But that begs the question, why bother bringing it up as a topic of discussion now? It's the same issue as the "who would you protect" question, except it's worse, because it has a feeling of an attempt at creating town cred from something neutral.

Can you answer that for me Font? Why bring it up now, given the above?

11. blab

blab Second Year

Hopefully lots. Who answers what part of my post and how? Who mentions whom? What type of reasoning do they use? And so on (not giving a "how to make me think you are town" explanation)

Since you are insinuating that that question is anti-town explain how. Or just answer it.

12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Use your terms correctly. It's not anti-town, it's just suspicious. It reads as an attempt to create content with little effort or risk. I cannot see any way you'll garner real reads through that question.

13. fontisian

Because it's cool, and a topic of disscusion is better than nothing. You act as if massclaims are incredibly rare, but you were advocating one with me in the last game.

I would ask if you have a better idea for generating discussion, but I think that's obvious.

blab: The problem with your question that it gives scum information about likely protect targets and helps them find the doctor (if we have one.) Asking something like "If you were the cop, who would you investigate?" would be a bit better.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just checking in before I head off to work.

I will not take this slander! Sir, I challenge you to a duel! Pistols at dawn on the morrow!

15. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

The desire to quote Firefly is too strong. Must. Hold. Off.

Anyway, we've seen a total of five out of thirteen say anything (six if you include me) with Font being the most active so far. Either that's excitement over the game or a town-ish push for activity.

I've never played with Lexicat or blab so I'll leave analysing their play for later on in the game.

Prophylaxis literally posted to "post", same with BitMyFinger, suspicious to me.

Hmmm, let's see what other's say.

---------- Post automerged at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Damn, ninja'ed by Aekiel who also just posted to post.

Day 1 sucks sometimes

16. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Aw, so you do love me. :3 :nyan:

17. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Wait, what? Riley, literally every first page is lame jokes and bad puns. Your attempt to make it suspicious is suspicious.

Font: For the record, it was a suggestion, not a vote. You, ma'am, have failed to use two commas to set off the appositive 'sir'. That's pretty telling in my book.

18. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Oh yeah, Riley, why are you avoiding trying to read me until later in the game? Are you scared to tango~?

19. blab

blab Second Year

Ok...
    Actually seriously can't see that.
    1. If there is no information about protection at all the doctor (assuming he exists, can't self-protect, 3 mafia) has a chance of randomly picking the mafia kill, which is 8/99. If there is information he can either try to outplay scum or still pick randomly and still has a chance of 8/99.

2. Chances of scum picking out the doctor based on what people said they would protect is exactly the chances that scum has picking out the cop from your question.

(fake edit: Actually only true when scum gets to know that cop investigated them.)

Lexicat's criticism makes sense because I did attempt to create discussion with little effort.

Riley: Could you please be more vague? I mean maybe you are scummy but maybe you are always like that.

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Come back when you have something useful to ask me.

Unvote, vote bitmyfinger

If you think Riley Poole is suspicious, then why don't you vote him? Commit to a vote.

Also, RVS is over.