1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

MLG Anaheim Spring Championships

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by ElDee, Jun 9, 2012.

1. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Streams here.

Anyone else watching this? I got up at 1am to watch TSM.Evo take on SK Gaming and don't regret a thing. TSM.Evo looked so strong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  2. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I saw those games. SK got wrecked.

3. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

I didn't get to see the 1 AM games, something a am quite sorry about, but I saw all the other games.

TSM.EVO seems beastly strong, and we still haven't seem TSM really try. It was quite clear that against MRN they were playing recklessly and hyper-aggressive. The two twenty minute games were kind of fun to see.

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Did anyone watch the TSM stream when they 2-0d Dignitas? Those guys are pro for a reason.

5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I just finished watching that. Crappy MLG streams require that I watch the action 15 to 45 minutes behind.

Dignitas got WRECKED in both games. Treated like noobs. It was hilarious because I LOVE seeing qtpie fuck up and prove what a fool he is.

6. thebrute7

I only caught the end, but it looked like a stomp. TSM, and Reginald in particular may be pretty cocky, but at least they are backing it up with some damn impressive gameplay. Can't wait for the Finals, TSM vs. CLG.NA.

7. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

I spent my entire weekend watching these games simultaneously on multiple streams. It's mentally exhausting. I can't imagine how the players feel going through 14 hours of games for 3 days straight. Especially the jet lagged EU teams. It could be one of the reasons why EU teams were knocked out early.

8. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

CLG. How the fuck did they make it all the way here with a goddamn sub. Fucking hell.

9. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    As much as I'm a TSM fan, I have to admit that CLG is pretty damn good. They're a top-flight team for a reason.

10. thebrute7

Damn, Five games of TSM versus CLG going into the sixth and final. My biggest disappointment is that we have basically seen one playstyle from TSM the whole tournament, not much deviation from it, and CLG seems to know how to beat it.

I just hope TSM wins the last match, but it should be an awesome match one way or the other.

11. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Actually, every LAN event that CLG has won has been with subs.

12. Wildfeather

High Score:
    I figured I'd bump this thread instead of making a new one or continuing to comment in the general LoL thread.

Azubu is just being very dominant in these matches. Their strat seems to revolve around being highly mobile and using their AD carry to take down towers, gathering global gold, then winning teamfights once they have the gold advantage.

Live streams here or on Twitch.

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

current game (TSM vs Black) is an example of why the meta hasn't changed in awhile.
    Black attempted an extremely unorthodox strategy of aram. They got both mid turrets early, but with just a little bit of having two people farming sidelanes while black attempted to kill the inhib turret made them gain a slight level advantage.

It worked very well for Black using Blitz to get kills and heavily pushing turrets, but then oddone hit 6 from top and got a delayed quadra kill on the enemy team with dragon form and some chasing. From there it went down hill, and the game went from 8-4 in favor of Black to 8-18 in favor of TSM while no one on Black was level 6.

Is this like a silly scrim or something? This black strategy is retarded, there's no way they've practiced this vs any half-decent team and had it work.

14. Wildfeather

High Score:
    I think it was a throw since they knew they were going to get dominated? Maybe they really wanted to see the TSM/Blaze rematch....

Interesting meta stuff though. Push-heavy mobile ganking squads while not new, not something I see very often in solo queue. Personally, I think AD/Support mid should be the prime position anyway, because you can donate buffs to them and gank so much more easily (as jungler and as laner). I think of the AD carry as artillery, so I always thought it was strange you never put them mid for the most flexibility possible. Opening the availability for a 4 person gank on either lane. I suppose this only works if you are blue (AP goes top vs bruiser?) or purple (ap goes bot vs. traditional AD+S team) but only if you have serious pushing power. Karthus, as we saw, doesn't have the oomph to do it as quickly as some AD can.

If I was purple, definitely AP like Mordekaiser or Vlad should be able to outshove lane. Maybe even see Heimer (only one or two places to gank from now) or Zyra? Admittedly tower isn't likely to go down on either side if you are 2v1 (since you become to vulnerable to ganks) but you open your heavy hitting lane to roam.

15. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

That's the thing about trying new stuff out. Sometimes it works and you pick up an easy win with a strat the other team just isn't prepared for. Sometimes it fails and you end up getting rolled yourself.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Both teams were trolling since TSM had already qualified for the "grand final" against Blaze with their first win against Black in the BO3.

17. Wildfeather

High Score:
    STOP TEAMFIGHTING IN MAOKI'S ULTIMATE TSM!

That's all.

18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

TSM completely walked over in the re-game of game 2. They tried but couldn't really do anything. They chose practically no damage vs a tanky composition and got wrecked for it. Chaox's terrible positiong every game mixed with Regi's seemingly suicidal tendencies as the only 2 damage dealers for TSM cost them that, so hard.

GGWP Azubu Blaze, enjoy the $10k.

19. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

the tsm/black match was them all just trolling because once TSM won the first game, they were guaranteed into the finals.

Also, TSM got their asses kicked by Blaze. Ouch.

20. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    I didn't even bother watching games two and three after TSM played like nubs in the first game. I knew Azubu Blaze would win after that.