1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Monsters University

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Zeitgeist, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

http://monstersuniversity.com/edu/

Love their viral marketing strategy. This website replicates a lot of the college websites out there. Gotta love their section on Admissions (The 'MAT' and their excerpt of a Personal Essay, LOL).

Actual trailer is also here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHIXF1ucwSU

I was apprehensive about Pixar, considering the weaknesses of their last two releases (Cars 'The Disaster' Two, and Brave, which was 'meh'). However, Monsters University looks good so far. It doesn't hurt that I liked the original Monsters Inc.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I'm loving the concept of the MU website.

I think it's an odd idea for a sequel though. In the first film, Sully and Ike were full-time workers in the scream factory, weren't they? Now they're heading off to university? It'd make sense if the Scream Factory shut down at the end of Monsters, Inc., but the website references the school of scares and fear majors, so why aren't they moving laterally into new occupations?

Lol, maybe they're going back to get their Masters.

Edit: NEVERMIND, it's a prequel. I don't know, I would've liked to see a continuation of their lives in a sequel, with Ike and Sully having moved on with their lives, but Boo being slightly older and remembering them.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. Zeitgeist

Know what you mean, Andro. I would loved to see Boo again, especially after the way Monsters Inc. finished, but alas, what are we supposed to do? At least the MU website seems very promising.

Rumour has it that we might be getting a Finding Nemo sequel soon too. Fingers crossed that Ellen Degeneres returns as Dory; that fish was hysterically funny.

4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not liking this new trend of sequels for Pixar. Toy Story was one thing, but Cars 2 sucked royally (not that the first Cars was a gem), and I've always liked Pixar for their original stories.

Still haven't seen Brave, though my parents got it for Christmas.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I only saw Finding Nemo once, years ago, and the only thing I remember with perfect clarity is how much I hated that thrice damned blue fish. That was Dory wasn't it? I'd forgotten the effing things name.

6. Zeitgeist

Heresy! Dory was hilarious, especially when she tried to speak "whale". Her buddy bromance with Marlin - one of the two important relationships in the film, the other being Marlin's father/son relation with Nemo - anchored Finding Nemo with an emotional centre. It doesn't hurt that this emotional anchor was also fracking funny.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  7. redshell

redshell Order Member

Pissed about the Monster's University hat being sold out. I'm a guy who wears hats a lot. As an example, I've worn my hat into the shower before, and when my hair was longer the tips of some of my hair had actually curled to come up around my hat.

Anyway, what I'm driving at, is that they'd better restock some, because I'd wear the fuck out of that hat.

8. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I'd be very surprised if this movie is as heart-warming as the original. Should still be good for a few laughs at least.

Also, cool recruitment video about it.

9. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

That clip of Dory just reminded me of why she got on my nerves. :facepalm