1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm back from doing basically this.

One step closer to becoming a butterfly.....
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Asmodeus

I've played like 3 games on DLP but also played with GH on MU a few times and delphine once on PerC. I'm fine reading basically everyone in this game? Maaaaaybe not Beru as much though.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I can read everyone.

Why ask that in particular?

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Rubicon and Fable giving the lazy answer that we all know is wrong.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah. Everyone knows they can't read anyone.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    @Asmodeus

I've played like 3 games on DLP but also played with GH on MU a few times and delphine once on PerC. I'm fine reading basically everyone in this game? Maaaaaybe not Beru as much though.
    [​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not sure why my last post is there but I'm gonna blame the new site.

6. Rubicon

Fable being lazy? Is such a thing possible?

7. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

So my plan was to give out scumreads to both Jan and Asmodeus (I'm familiar with both of them - Jan I've played in a couple of games, Asmo and I have not been in any games together but I closely followed both of his MU champs games) for coming in and kind of lazing about and not really dropping any reads down or advancing the game forward.

And then I realized that this is a 96-hour phase so it's not like the clock is ticking particularly ominously. So they're off the hook. For now.

---

Also to whoever asked the question, as you can see by the above I'm familiar with Jan and Asmodeus, and also Fable. Believe I've played once each with Beru and Delphine but that game literally had over 170 players in it and yeah. Not counting it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The rest of you are mysteries to me.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I am a deeply mysterious person.

Also, I am unreadable.

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

You have a good grasp on how everyone in this game plays? I sincerely doubt that.

I ask because you're all a bunch of names to me now, but understanding how long you've been here and how well you know others gives me background on your interactions. I can't really try to figure out your motivations in dealing with each other unless I know what drives those interactions.

Why be uncooperative? Or do you truly believe you know everyone that well?

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Sorry town!fluff.

I haven't been wrong on you in a long long while.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It is funny to me that you think that you can read me well from the games we have played, and I think I have no idea how to read you ebcause we barely played any non mashes. (And I don't think I can get a good read on your actual mafia play from your mash behavior).

Oh and fun fact. I have already spewed myself as town this game with something really stupid that I don't think I could ever do as scum (or anyone could).
    10 points to whoever finds it.

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Heh. When do I ever give reads off the bat? There's gotta be something to read before I give reads ;)
    As for not moving the game forward, I don't think I'm quite guilty of that but I can mostly appreciate your approach

I know you by name from MU, but I haven't had the pleasure of reading your games. This should be a good remedy for that, so I'll look forward to it.

12. Rubicon

I feel pretty comfortable reading many of the DLP players, this being a fairly small community.

People I haven't played with before, like you, are a little harder to wrap my head around. I'm giving you a slightly hard time because that helps me read you better.

13. GeneralHankerchief

Never said I knew how to read you well in that post, just that I've actually been in games with you and am more familiar with you than most in this playerlist.

But hell with it, I'm in a good mood tonight - I think I can read you well and I eagerly await the opportunity to try out my hypothesis. :rrou:

Anyway I'm guessing your "spewed clear" post is your very first one in which you lay cop cover in a mountainous game, because even though I think that's likely a joke I don't really see anything else that fits your description.

Moving on:

If you're really feeling masochistic you can look for my games under both GeneralHankerchief and Fuchs, an alt I've been using lately.

BTW I'm intentionally not furthering the discussion in your first paragraph, mostly because past meta of yours I'm familiar with isn't really relevant: you subbed into your qualifier game so there wasn't really time to ease yourself in like you're doing here, and the finale game is ongoing so I'm refraining from comment about it until it finishes.

---

That's it for me tonight, I look forward to getting into FIGHTS with some of you tomorrow.

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for answering though, I wasn't sure you would.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Nah .. I would do that for fun and to fuck with people as either alignment. (I normally forget doing it in mashes so doing it in a all vanilla game felt like the right thing to do.

The thing I did was more stupid and better hidden, but I doubt a mafia could fake it.

16. GeneralHankerchief

For what it's worth you're getting a probably-bigger-than-it-should-be townread simply for pointing it out and referring to it this early on in the game, even though I don't know what it is yet or if I agree with it or not.

17. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Oh, you're also Fuchs? Haha then I've heard a few jokes but not much else

My question was rhetorical. I don't normally place votes or give reads until I've gotten a handle on the players. D1 is never my strong suit, especially when I don't know the players and can't operate on meta+gut, but I'm hoping the extremely long phase length will make up for that. Unless you disagree, I don't see how you could further the discussion much (regardless of its relevance).
    --- Post automerged ---
    +1
    Self-meta doesn't look good normally, but I'd be impressed if a wolf declares himself spewed clear in as natural a manner so early in the game. Curious to see what it ends up being, though.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ^Will clarify that by "self-meta" not looking good, I mean using self-meta to proclaim yourself town

18. Rubicon

Slight townread on hankerchief for the last few posts.

Very curious about this spewed town thing! Will investigate further.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I plan to not say it myself, but I will confirm what it is if someone finds it. :p

Oh and btw Asmo .. If you play a game with sunsfan on ffr kick his ass from me, thanks!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Has nothing to do with my own meta or anything and I doubt anyone will see it anyway.

Feel free to guess, but otherwise feel free to play the game at one point.

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

You'd probably love reading the towngame I linked. He's scum in it and gets exposed by mechanics in the funniest way possible, and then basically can't do anything except get lynched the following day. He killed me N1 but I was being watched and he got caught. It's hilarious because the person watching me meant to track me but got confused over the definitions. He claimed 1shot vigi to explain visiting me, but he'd never have made that shot as vig so they lynched him.

I went through your posts when you first mentioned it and didn't see anything I thought "I don't think I could ever do as scum (or anyone could)." so I'm assuming you're either reading into it too much or it's some little oddity specific to you. I just liked it because of how you said it, but I think we'll disagree as to it being a "spew clear" indicator. Still curious what it is, though, and would appreciate you saying it to avoid diverting thread into a guessing game.